The first impression an interviewer has of a candidate is highly based off of overall appearance, attire, and hygiene. It is very important to look and feel your best when interviewing.
- Research the company and industry norms to determine the best interview outfit.
- When in doubt, err on the side of being overdressed rather than underdressed.
- Have trimmed nails, neatly styled hair and/or a clean shaven face.
- Make sure your clothes are clean and pressed.
- Wear deodorant.
- Wear loud colors or patterns.
- Wear excess jewelry & makeup.
- Use strong scented lotion or cologne.
- Wear anything short or that shows cleavage.
- Wear stiletto heels or open toed shoes.