Networking is about connecting with people and building relationships. By networking, you share your story, interests, and aspirations with people who may have similar professional interests. These relationships can bring new perspectives, more connections, and opportunities that help you with your career journey. We encourage you to start networking by talking to your peers, classmates, faculty, and advisors. Reaching out to alumni and professionals in the field can also expand your network and understanding of your interests. Please see our resources below for more information on various networking opportunities.
- LinkedIn Info: https://www.fullerton.edu/career/students/social-media-job-search/linkedin.php
- Titan Takeover/Job Shadowing Program: http://www.fullerton.edu/career/recruiters/titan-takeover.php
- Informational Interviews: https://www.fullerton.edu/career/students/jobs-internships/informational-interviews.php
- Learn How to Connect with Alumni: https://alumni.fullerton.edu/studentoutreach/titanpronetwork.php
Secrets of Networking: https://www.themuse.com/advice/the-secrets-of-networking-advice-from-cathie-black
- Professional Associations: https://www.occareercafe.com/associations/
- Elevator Pitch: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/elevator-speech-examples-and-writing-tips-2061976