College of the Arts
Laura Neal, (657) 278-3791
College Career Specialist for the College of the Arts
Advising on career planning and preparation, finding a job or internship, resumes, cover letters, interview practice, career assessments and grad school preparation. Not sure if you picked the right major, or feel unclear about your career path? I can help you with that as well.
Individual Scheduled Appointments (30-60 mins)
Monday - Friday, in-person or virtual options: Carer Center, LH-208
Fall 2023 College Drop-In Hours (15 mins when others are waiting)
Every Thursday 10:30am-12:00pm (8/31/2023-12/7/2023), Hybrid
- In-Person: Arts Student Success Center, VA Bldg D, 280A
- Virtual: Zoom Link only available through TitanNet!
- Once Logged into TitanNet, goto Appointments (left-hand menu)
- Select, "Make Appointment"
- Choose "View Drop-In Times" under Other Options
- Under, What Type of Appointment of Appointment Would you like to schedule, choose "other Services"
- Service: Choose your College Drop-In & Select "Find available time"
- Choose Career Center
- Copy & Paste available Zoom Link into another browser or browser tab
- Select Drop-In Online to Check-In
- TitanNet Access
Learn more about your College of the Arts Student Success Team.
Internships/Job Search Sites
- Titan Connection
- CSUF Associated Students, Inc. Jobs
- CSUF Jobs
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Zip Recruiter
- Glass Door
Performing Arts, Live Productions & Hollywood
- Actors Access
- L.A. Casting
- Entertainment Careers
- Showbiz Jobs
- Production Leads
- Offstage Jobs
- Art Search
- The Hollywood Reporter
- Answers 4 Dancers
- Los Angeles County Dept of Arts & Culture
Visual Arts, Museum & Gallery
- iHire Commercial Art
- NYU Art Internships List
- Museum Employment
- Museum Jobs
- LACMA Fellowship
- Getty Marrow Internships & Fellowships
- Los Angeles County Dept of Arts & Culture
- The Game Dev SG Talent Pool
- Animation/VFX/Game Industry Job Google Sheet
Resources, Information and/or Job Postings
- California Arts Council
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Pew Center for Arts and Heritage
- The Art Newspaper
- Arts OC
- Teach What You Love
Museum & Gallery
- Majoring in Music
- Grammy's Internship
- Musicians Contact
- Opera America
- Bulletproof Musician
- Music Teachers Association of California
Theater & Dance
- Auditions.com (dance)
- Dance Jobs
- Dance Resource Center
- Dance For You
- Dance Magazine
- Dance Europe
- Florida Studio Theatre Professional Training Program
- League of Regional Theatres (LORT)
- Summer Stock Theatres List
- Theatre Aspen Apprentice Program
- Theatre Communications Group
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT)
- University Resident Theatre Association (URTA)
- Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe Auditions
Online Portfolios, Blog & Website Building Tools
- How To Create a Website - Blog with curated list of top website building tools for low/no cost! Very helpful!
ArtStation.com – Build a portfolio and find job postings in gaming and other entertainment visual arts.
Behance.net – Online portfolios, organized into a wide variety of searchable categories and free job postings.
Blogger/Blogspot – Free, easy to use blog with domain name and variety of template options. Also offers advertising and analytics options. Blogger.com and BlogSpot.com are Google products and now work together as one. Blogger is the free publishing platform; BlogSpot is the free domain service provider. When you create your blog on Blogger, you'll automatically get a BlogSpot domain.
Buildyourownblog.net – This is an excellent resource if you are not sure how to get started using a blog effectively.
Carbonmade.com – Easy to use online portfolio site with clearly marked tabs for pricing of three different low cost options, examples and of course the projects themselves.
Deviantart.com/browse/all – Where many amateur and professional artists start off or maintain an online portfolio of work.
Instagram - A super convenient way to share art on-the-go used by both amateurs and pros, from sketches to finished art, and maintain a constant flow. Easy way to connect with communities of artists and in other interest areas using hashtags.
Linkedin – This social media tool has become the standard for professional networking. Think of it as an electronic resume with special features that allow you to collect recommendations, reach out to connect with others in your field or make contacts directly to people inside the companies you want to work for. Free basic account gives you everything you need, but also offers a “premium account” option for a fee.
Newgrounds.com - Upload animations, games, audio (music and voice acting reels!), and artwork. Beware: This site does contain adult content, mostly in the form of crude comedic language and violence, uncensored opinions, etc. However, each section on the site does have age filters to sort out its content at different levels, ensuring some viewer protection.
Portfolium - Designed specifically for students and recent college grads to showcase their work and offer recruiters a chance to scout entry level talent in a variety of areas.
Squarespace – Build a websites or online store using elegantly designed templates with tons of customizable features.
- Virb.com - $10/mo gets you a custom website with unlimited pages, customization options, support services, custom domain, built in blog, unlimited photos, videos & audios, nice-looking themes, SEO tools and more.
- Websitesetup.org - Article offering tips for creating a website using WordPress, a free website building tool. Great for beginners.
Weebly.com – Build a website, get a domain name, set up an online store or blog. You can set up the “basic” site with 500 MB of storage for free. For an annual fee, you can get more storage and other features.
Wix.com - A direct competitor to Weebly, Wix allows users to create great looking websites from scratch with a plethora of intuitive controls, including domain name for free.
- Wordpress - Free and easy to use. Start with a free account and move up as you develop your portfolio. Domain name, tech support and a variety of templates and other tools. Fee based accounts are $4, $8 or $25 per month.
- Graphic Artists Guild
- American Institute of Graphic Artists
- Society of Illustrators
- The Association of International Photography Art Dealers
- Women in Animation
- National Association for Music Merchants
- National Association for Music Educators
- American Federation of Musicians
- Music Teachers National Association
- California Association of Professional Music Teachers
- Music Library Association
- Music Publishers Association of the United States
Theater & Dance