JUMPSTART IS RECRUITING FOR 2022-23!
See theJumpstart page for details
Step-by-step instructions are provided for each major on the Academic Internship Information Cards page . All the information you will need is on the academic information card for your major.
Be sure you have satisfied any University and department prerequisites, then follow the instructions on the information card to:
- find a placement site,
- complete the necessary CICE and departmental registration procedures, and,
- enroll in the appropriate academic internship course through Titan Online or at CSUF Admissions (same procedures as for registering any other class).
If you do not meet the prerequisites but still wish to pursue an academic internship, contact CICE for alternatives.
It is your responsibility to track your hours and have them confirmed by your internship supervisor. See the sample timesheet , or use one provided by your class instructor.
Once you are enrolled in the academic internship course and registered your site placement using the CICE registration system, be sure you consult with the instructor for orientation session(s), course requirements, assignment deadlines etc. Most internship courses will not have regularly scheduled class meetings, but do have a syllabus, assignments, and reporting requirements of the student and site supervisor.
See additional information below for help on finding a site and registering.
- Academic Internship Instruction Cards
- My Academic Intership Isn't Registered
- Virtual Appointment
- Approved School Districts
- Foreign Travel Liability Insurance Program
- Starting Your Internship (1:33)
HOURS & LOCATION
Langsdorf Hall 206
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm
Phone: (657) 278-3746
FAX: (657) 278-1217
eMail: CICE @ fullerton.edu
Mail: P.O. Box 6830
Fullerton CA 92834-6830
Watch the video below to learn how to find an academic internship and obtain academic credit for it (27:06). To skip ahead, use these timings:
1:19 Timeline (Ideal)
4:29 Find your Information Card
6:32 Preparing to Apply
7:38 Find an Academic Internship
12:19 Get your Academic Internship Approved
14:48 Enroll in your Academic Internship Class (permits)
18:17 Completing the CICE Registration
23:43 Advice for your First Day
24:23 Important Considerations
Academic Internships Outside the U.S.
At present, internships outside the U.S. are heavily restricted and there is no guarantee that such internships will be approved. If you are considering an internship outside the U.S. you must contact CICE a minimum of 3 months prior to the semester in which you wish to conduct the internship.
Avoiding Scams: General Tips for Students
Although CICE follows risk management-approved policies for reviewing academic internships and service-learning, we cannot guarantee that all placement situations are accurately represented in what the entity has posted. When seeking a placement site (in Titan Connection or another website), it is very important for you to educate yourself about potential scams. Here are some indications that a position is probably fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work -- especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required.
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents.
- Positions that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier.
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account -- often for depositing checks or transferring money.
If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact the CICE office. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact the local police as well.
If you have questions or concerns about internships or your site, please contact CICE. We are here to help!
Cal State Fullerton will not tolerate acts of discrimination or harassment based upon Protected Classes, or related retaliation against or by any employee or student. For information, contacts, complaints and procedures please see the C SUF Title IX and Gender Equity pages.