Undergraduate Admissions

Applying to the Civil and Environmental Engineering department for a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is a simple process.This page will walk you through the process to apply either as a freshman or a transfer student. If you would like to meet the faculty advisor to learn more about the department and the degree program, you can call the department office to schedule your visit.

If you have applied to our undergraduate program and would like to inquire about your application status, call the university Admissions Office at (657) 278 2300.

Admission Steps for Freshman Students

Step 1.Submit an application online at Cal State Apply and pay the $55 application fee online with a credit card.
Step 2.When requested to do so by the admissions office, send your high school transcripts to:

Office of Admissions and Records
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900

Additional Information for Freshman Students

  • The application period for fall admission opens the previous October 1; the application period for spring admission opens the previous August 1. The department generally accepts the applications even after the above deadlines.
  • You will qualify for regular admission as a first-time freshman (FTF) if you:
    Have graduated from high school
    Have a qualifiable eligibility index (see Eligibility Index TableOpens in new window
    Have completed with grades of "C" or better the required comprehensive pattern of college-preparatory subjects as follows:
    English: 4 years
    Mathematics: 3 years including Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II
    U.S. History and Social Science: 2 years
    Science: 2 years with laboratory (1 biological and 1 physical, both with labs)
    Foreign Language: 2 years in the same language
    Visual and Performing Arts: 1 year (art, dance, drama/theater or music)
    Electives: 1 year
  • First-time freshman are required to submit scores from either the SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) or ACT (American College Test). Test scores are also used for advising and placement purposes. The four-digit institution code for sending SAT and ACT scores is.

Admission Steps for Transfer Students

Step 1. Apply online through Cal State Apply and pay the application fee of $55 with a credit card.
Step 2. Send official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since high school to:

Office of Admissions and Records
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900

Additional Information for Transfer Students

  • Upper division transfer students are NOT required to submit SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) or ACT (American College Test) scores.
  • Once you are admitted the university advising office will determine the transfer credits for general courses and the department will give you credit for courses related to Maths/Sciences/Engineering. The website ASSIST can aid you in identifying the transferable credits. Any courses not specifically listed in the above website, will be looked into once you are admitted
  • You will qualify for admission as an upper-division transfer student if you:
      • Have earned 60 or more transferable semester (90 or more quarters) units
      • Have a grade point average of 2.0 (C or better) in all transferable units attempted
      • Are in good standing at the last college or university attended
      • Have completed at least 30 semester units of college course work with a grade of C or better in each course to be selected from courses in English, arts and humanities, social science, science and mathematics at a level at least equivalent to courses that meet general education requirements.
        The 30 units must include all of the general education requirements in communication in the English language and critical thinking (at least 9 semester units) and the requirement in mathematics/quantitative reasoning (usually 3 semester units) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements in English communication and mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning.
  • Students must not enroll in courses without proper advisement from the CEE department.

Status Check (Freshman and Transfer students)

You can check the status of your application to a bachelor's program by logging onto the CSUF Portal with your CWID (Campus Wide ID) and PIN (Personal Identification Number). Both were provided to you in a letter sent by the Office of Admissions and Records shortly after you applied. If you do not know your CWID you can access that information at What's my CWID (Campus-Wide ID) by providing your name and social security number. You may also present photo identification at the Admissions and Records Service Center in Langsdorf Hall, Room 114 to receive your CWID and PIN. If you are unable to come to the CSUF campus please call the Office of Admissions and Records at (657) 278-2300.