Honors Requirements: Seniors
Students in the University Honors Program should consult regularly with the director.
- Take Honors 400; can be taken Fall or Spring of Senior year
- Fall 2018 Catalog and prior, take Honors 400A* Fall of Senior Year
- Fall 2018 Catalog and prior, take Honors 400B* Semester you finish Senior Honors Project
Senior Honors Project (2 Semesters)
- 1st Semester - Take Honors 497** (2 units) under supervision of Faculty Mentor
- 2nd Semester - Take Honors 497** (3 units) under supervision of Faculty Mentor
*Honors 400A/B are colloquium classes taken while working on the Senior Honors Project. They both require a permit from University Honors to register.
**Honors 497 is an independent study course to complete your Senior Honors Project. You can be issued a permit to register once you have a Full-Time Faculty at CSUF who has agreed to mentor your Senior Honors Project.
Contact the University Honors Administrative Coordinator, Janie Samson, with the information listed below to receive permits to register for Honors 400A/B and/or Honors 497courses.
-FIRST, MIDDLE, LAST NAME OF MENTOR
-MENTOR'S CWID (ask them to email me with CWID)
-MENTOR'S CELL PHONE
- You should have completed a total of 15 units of Honors/GE courses by graduation in various categories according to your catalog year and specific needs.
- A total of 24 units of Honors are required.
- A minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA is required.
- Completing a senior honors project is required.
- Contact Dr. Sandra Pérez if you have questions or concerns about meeting University Honors Program requirements.