Argentina Summer 2020
Application Deadline: 12/6/2019
Decision Deadline: 12/16/2019
Program Dates: June 26 - July 18, 2020
- Earn 6 units of honors credit
- Course led by experienced CSUF faculty leader
- Excursions to Patagonia to visit Los Glaciares National Park, Colonia (Uruguay), and Argentinian Countryside
- Meaningful cultural activities include guided tours to Museo de Arte Latinoamericano, Feria de Mataderos, Museo Evita, Museo de Bella Artes, Handicrafts Market, Tango class, Argentinian Cooking class, and Mate Drinking workshop
Courses and Faculty
Participants will earn 6 credits for the two 300-level honors courses below:
1. HONR 302T: Ideals of the Western World - Honors Seminar in Arts and Humanities (3 units)
Course syllabus: TBA
Prerequisite: Completion of General Education Category III. B.1 or III. B.2. Interdisciplinary seminar that examines selected topics in arts and humanities.
2. HONR 303T: History, Culture, and Power - Honors Seminar in Social Sciences (3 units)
Course syllabus: TBA Prerequisite: Completion of General Education Category D.1. Interdisciplinary seminar that examines selected topics in social sciences. Faculty
Dr. Sandra Pérez
Director for the University Honors Program
17 Nights of shared double occupancy rooms with experienced, vetted host family homestays in Buenos Aires; two meals included daily and laundry service weekly.
4 Nights shared twin hotel rooms in Patagonia.
Costs & Financial Aid
1. Program Fee - $4,010 (tentative and subject to change) The program fee covers airport transfer upon arrival and departure, housing, program activities, and transportation to Patagonia, Uruguay, and Argentinian Countryside. The program fee is based on final student enrollment. Interested students should budget for the maximum amount when applying. CSUF and CIEE reserve the right to adjust the program fee according to the final number of confirmed participants. Prices listed below are in U.S. dollars (USD).
Please note that the program fee does not include tuition and fees, airfare, passport and visa costs, etc. Additional separate costs required are listed below.
2. CSUF Tuition and Student Fees Participants will register in 6 units of CSUF courses and need to pay CSUF tuition and fees for Summer Session 2018. 3. Airfare Participants will need to arrange their own round trip airfare as well as transportation not included on the program itinerary. 4. Passport and Visa Fees
Participants will need to arrange their own travel documents for this program.
5. Immunizations Any routine, recommended, or required immunizations listed for travel to this country by the CDC.
6. Books & Supplies Any textbooks or supplies required to be able to participate in the courses. 7. Personal expenses Personal expenses include additional meals not included on the program itinerary, shopping, entertainment, independent travel, etc., and vary from person to person.
Official budget sheet can be found on the Honors Abroad in Argentina, Summer 2020 website.
There are many opportunities for CSUF students to study abroad and continue to use financial aid. Learn more about financial aid for study abroad.
Passport & Visa
You must have a valid passport for at least six (6) months after the date of international departure. U.S. passport applications can be obtained at any major post office. Learn more information on U.S. passports . This process usually takes about 4-6 weeks, so plan early to apply for a new or renewed passport.
Non-US passport holders should see more information about visa requirements for their country of origin.
Eligibility & Deadlines
- Good academic standing
- Valid passport and visa (if applicable); see above section
- Completed online program application .
Course-related Questions: Dr. Sandra Pérez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Online Forms: Study Abroad Office - email@example.com