Employment and Leadership Opportunities
Resident Advisors (RAs) are CSUF student leaders who live in the residence halls and apartments. RAs create connections with residents and host events for students in housing in order to build community and provide co-curricular learning opportunities. RAs are familiar with campus policies, departments and resources and promote student success through measures of safety and security, peer support and referrals, as well as campus engagement.
For questions about the application process, contact phil coontz at email@example.com .
The application for 2020-2021 Resident Advisors opens on Wednesday, November 6 at 10 a.m.
Applicant must be a current Cal State Fullerton student in good standing with a minimum of 12 units earned and cumulative CSUF GPA of 2.5 by the end of the Fall semester before they apply.
Applicant must maintain during their appointment a cumulative CSUF GPA of 2.5 or greater, and a semester GPA of 2.5 of greater.
Undergraduates must maintain a full time course load of 12-16 units per semester. Graduate students must maintain a course load of 9 units per semester.
Applicant must be in good judicial standing with the University as well as Housing and Residential Engagement and maintain this standing throughout their appointment. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination.
All applicants must attend a one-hour RA Candidate Seminar at the dates and times listed below. If you are unable to make any of the candidate seminars listed, please notify phil coontz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RA position requires about 20 hours per week. If accepted for the role, you may not exceed more than 10 hours of responsibilities outside academics. The 10 hour per week of responsibilities includes work, clubs, and any other organizations.
Compensation for Resident Advisors consists of a 7 day continuous meal plan with $200 per semester in declining balance and a single bed space in Student Housing.
A complete application includes all of the following components:
- Attend a one-hour RA Candidate Seminar
- Application submitted through the CSUF Student Housing Portal
- Application Questions
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 10 a.m.
Online Application Opens
- November 12 through December 7, 2019
RA Candidate Seminars - All seminars are held in Juniper 111.
- Tuesday, November 12 at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13 at 12 p.m.
- Thursday, November 14 at 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 18 at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 19 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 20 at 12 p.m.
- Monday, December 2 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4 at 5 p.m.
- Friday, December 6 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, January 10, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Online Application Closes
- Thursday and Friday, January 30 and 31, 2020
- Session 1: Thursday, January 30: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Session 2: Thursday, January 30: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Session 3: Friday, January 31: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Session 4: Friday, January 31: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Week of February 10 - 14, 2020
- Early March 2020
Application decisions sent via email
Successful candidates for the RA position should keep the following dates in mind as well:
Deadline to accept appointment offer
- March 6 - March 20, 2020
Theme Floor Interviews
- Friday, May 1, 2020
- Week of August 3, 2020
Student Leader Training Begins
Resident Advisor Group Process Interview sessions will occur Thursday and Friday, January 30 and 31. In a teamwork model, candidates will work together through a series of activities that relate to the Resident Advisor position. Applicants must be available to participate in one group interview session and will indicate which preferences they're available for in the online application.
After completing the Group Interviews, applicants who are selected to continue will be invited to an individual interview to be scheduled during the week of February 10 - 14.
Accessing the Application
- Click the button below to access the Housing Portal, using your CSUF student portal username and password to log in.
- Click "Student Leadership and Employment" in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Select Resident Advisor 2020-2021 and click Start Application to start your application.
student assistant positions
For questions about any of the positions below, contact Hollie Allbaugh at email@example.com.
Office Assistants are student employees who will be responsible for a variety of work assignments, such as staffing the Housing Office front desk, Mailroom, and Academic Resource Center, responding to customer service issues, providing housing tours, assisting with lockouts and escorts, answering the phone, checking out equipment, and opening/closing public use spaces. Office Assistants are also responsible for preparing and setting up meeting rooms and event space for various programs and events within the Housing community. We are accepting applications for Summer Office Assistants and Academic Year Office Assistants. Office Assistants are not required to live on campus during their employment.
Summer Conference Assistants
Summer Conference Assistants are student employees who work with our Summer Conferences Team to assist with the administrative and customer service functions of student housing summer operations. This will include a variety of work assignments including providing staff support for the Housing Office, assisting summer conference guests and residents, check-in/check-out of conference groups, preparing and delivering linens to conference guests, serving evening and weekend duty to ensure the security of the community, and responding to after-hours emergency calls. The SCA receives a free single-occupancy room and meal plan as remuneration and is required to live in an on-campus apartment from May 19 – August 20, 2020.
Facilities Student Assistants
The Facilities Student Assistants are student employees who work with the our Facilities Operations team to assist with the functions of student housing operations. This will include a variety of work assignments including light grounds keeping, minor plumbing repairs and tasks, minor lighting replacement, door lock repairs, painting, occasional custodial related tasks, moving of furniture and equipment, and trash and litter removal. We are accepting applications for Summer Facilities Student Assistants and Academic Year Facilities Student Assistants.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Compensation
Refer to the position descriptions below for each position for minimum qualifications, special requirements, and compensation information.
The student staff applications for Summer 2020 and the 2020-2021 Academic Year will become available on January 27, 2020.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in Group Interviews with other candidates. After the group interviews, applicants who are selected to continue will be invited to participate in an individual interview.
- Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Online Application Opens
Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 10 p.m.
Extended: Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 10 p.m.
Online Application Closes
- February 22 through February 26, 2019
Group Interviews for all eligible candidates
- Session 1: Monday, February 24: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Session 2: Monday, February 24: 4 - 6 p.m.
- Session 3: Tuesday, February 25: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Session 4: Tuesday, February 25: 2 - 4 p.m.
- Session 5: Thursday, February 27: 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Session 6: Friday, February 28: 9 - 11 a.m.
- March 11 through March 17, 2020
- Monday, March 23, 2020
Hiring Decisions sent via email
Successful candidates who are offered any position should also consider the following important dates:
- March 24 through March 27, 2020
Orientation Meetings for successful candidates. All candidates offered a position must attend one of these meetings.
- Meeting 1: Tuesday, March 24: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Meeting 2: Wednesday, March 25: 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- Meeting 3: Friday, March 27: 2:30 - 4 p.m.
- Friday, April 24, 2020 from 9 to 11 a.m.
Human Resources Meeting. All candidates who accepted a position and have never worked for Housing and Residential Engagement must attend.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Early move-in for staff residing on-campus for the academic year
- August 5 through August 14 (weekdays only, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Required Office Assistant Staff Training
- Monday through Friday, August 17 - 21, 2020
Required workdays for all staff members
- Wednesday, August 19 and Thursday,August 20, 2020
Move-In Day! Required work day for all staff members
- January 2021 (exact dates TBD)
Required Winter Training and Spring Move-In
- April 2021 (exact date TBD)
Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day - required workday for all staff members.