Employment and Leadership Opportunities
Resident Advisors (RAs) are CSUF student leaders who live in the residence halls and apartments. RAs create connections with residents and host events for students in housing in order to build community and provide co-curricular learning opportunities. RAs are familiar with campus policies, departments and resources and promote student success through measures of safety and security, peer support and referrals, as well as campus engagement.
For questions about the application process, contact Andy Garate at email@example.com .
The application for 2019-2020 Resident Advisors is now closed. More information for the next academic year will become available around December 2019.
Applicant must be a current Cal State Fullerton student in good standing with a minimum of 12 units earned and cumulative CSUF GPA of 2.5 by the end of the Fall semester before they apply.
Applicant must maintain during their appointment a cumulative CSUF GPA of 2.5 or greater, and a semester GPA of 2.5 of greater.
Undergraduates must maintain a full time course load of 12-16 units per semester. Graduate students must maintain a course load of 9 units per semester.
Applicant must be in good judicial standing with the University as well as Housing and Residential Engagement and maintain this standing throughout their appointment. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination.
All applicants must attend a one-hour RA Candidate Seminar. These seminars will be held between November 5 – December 7. If you are unable to make any of the candidate seminars listed, please notify Andy Garate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RA position requires about 20 hours per week. If accepted for the role, you may not exceed more than 10 hours of responsibilities outside academics. The 10 hour per week of responsibilities includes work, clubs, and any other organizations.
Compensation for Resident Advisors consists of a 7 day continuous meal plan with $200 per semester in declining balance and a single bed space in Student Housing.
A complete application includes all of the following components:
- Attend a one-hour RA Candidate Seminar
- Application submitted through the CSUF Student Housing Portal
- Application Questions
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Online Application Opens
- November 12 through December 7, 2018
RA Candidate Seminars
- Monday, November 12 at 6 p.m. | Pine-140
- Tuesday, November 13 at 7 p.m. | Pine-140
- Friday, November 16 at 12 p.m. | Juniper-150
- Monday, November 26 at 7 p.m. | Juniper-111
- Wednesday, November 28 at 12 p.m. | Titan Student Union Tuffree-AB
- Thursday, November 29 at 6 p.m. | Juniper-111
- Tuesday, December 4 at 5 p.m. | Juniper-111
- Thursday, December 6 at 6 p.m. | Juniper-111
- Friday, December 7 at 3 p.m. | Pollak Library North-130
- Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Online Application Closes
- Thursday and Friday, January 31 and February 1, 2019
- Session 1: Thursday, January 31: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Session 2: Thursday, January 31: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Session 3: Friday, Ferubary 1: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Session 4: Friday, February 1: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, February 11 - 14, 2019
- Late February 2019
Application decisions sent via email
Successful candidates for the RA position should keep the following dates in mind as well:
- Friday, March 1, 2019
Deadline to accept appointment offer
- March 1 - March 18, 2019
Theme Floor Interviews
- Friday, April 26, 2019
Spring Welcome part 1
- Friday, May 3, 2019
Spring Welcome part 2
- Week of August 3, 2019
Student Leader Training Begins
Resident Advisor Group Process Interview sessions will occur Thursday and Friday, January 31, and February 1. In a teamwork model, candidates will work together through a series of activities that relate to the Resident Advisor position. Applicants must be available to participate in one group interview session.
After completing the Group Interviews, applicants who are selected to continue will be invited to an individual interview to be scheduled during the week of February 18 - 22.
Accessing the Application
- Click the button below to access the Housing Portal, using your CSUF student portal username and password to log in.
- Click "Resident Advisor Application" in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Select Resident Advisor 2019-2020 and click Save & Continue to start your application.
student assistant positions
For questions about any of the positions below, contact Tracy Shadowens at email@example.com.
Office Assistants are student employees who will be responsible for a variety of work assignments, such as staffing the Housing Office front desk, Mailroom, and Academic Resource Center, responding to customer service issues, providing housing tours, assisting with lockouts and escorts, answering the phone, checking out equipment, and opening/closing public use spaces. Office Assistants are also responsible for preparing and setting up meeting rooms and event space for various programs and events within the Housing community. We are accepting applications for Summer Office Assistants and Academic Year Office Assistants. Office Assistants are not required to live on campus during their employment.
Summer Conference Assistants
Summer Conference Assistants are student employees who work with our Summer Conferences Team to assist with the administrative and customer service functions of student housing summer operations. This will include a variety of work assignments including providing staff support for the Housing Office, assisting summer conference guests and residents, check-in/check-out of conference groups, preparing and delivering linens to conference guests, serving evening and weekend duty to ensure the security of the community, and responding to after-hours emergency calls. The SCA receives a free single-occupancy room and meal plan as remuneration and is required to live in an on-campus apartment from May 19 – August 20, 2019.
Facilities Student Assistants
The Facilities Student Assistants are student employees who work with the our Facilities Operations team to assist with the functions of student housing operations. This will include a variety of work assignments including light grounds keeping, minor plumbing repairs and tasks, minor lighting replacement, door lock repairs, painting, occasional custodial related tasks, moving of furniture and equipment, and trash and litter removal. We are accepting applications for Summer Facilities Student Assistants and Academic Year Facilities Student Assistants.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Compensation
Refer to the position descriptions below for each position for minimum qualifications, special requirements, and compensation information.
The student staff applications for Summer 2019 and the 2019-2020 Academic Year will become available on January 17, 2019.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in Group Interviews with other candidates. After the group interviews, applicants who are selected to continue will be invited to participate in an individual interview.
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 10 a.m.
Online Application Opens
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 10 p.m.
Online Application Closes
- February 22 through February 26, 2019
Group Interviews for all eligible candidates
- Session 1: Friday, February 22: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Session 2: Friday, February 22: 2 - 4 p.m.
- Session 3: Monday, February 25: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Session 4: Monday, February 25: 4 - 6 p.m.
- Session 5: Tuesday, February 26: 9 - 11 a.m.
- Session 6: Tuesday, February 26: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- March 8 through March 15, 2019
- Friday, March 22, 2019
Hiring Decisions sent via email
Successful candidates who are offered any position should also consider the following important dates:
- March 24 through March 26, 2019
Orientation Meetings for successful candidates. All candidates offered a position must attend one of these meetings.
- Meeting 1: Sunday, March 24: 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- Meeting 2: Monday, March 25: 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Meeting 3: Tuesday, March 26: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 3, 2019 from 9 to 11 a.m.
Human Resources Meeting. All candidates who accepted a position and have never worked for Housing and Residential Engagement must attend.
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Early move-in for staff residing on-campus for the academic year
- August 7 through August 16 (weekdays only, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Required Office Assistant Staff Training
- Monday through Thursday, August 19 - 22, 2019
Required workdays for all staff members
- Thursday, August 22, 2019
Move-In Day! Required work day for all staff members
- January 2020 (exact dates TBD)
Required Winter Training and Spring Move-In
- April 2020 (exact date TBD)
Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day - required workday for all staff members.