What to Bring on Move-in Day
We encourage residents to only bring what they need as there are no extra storage areas in the Residence Halls and Suites and storage space in the Apartments is limited.
Suggested Items for all Residents
- Sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets, bedspreads or comforters that fit extra-long twin beds
- Towels, washcloths, and toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Laundry basket and detergent
- Surge protector (with circuit breaker)
- Small trash can
- Bicycle and U-lock
- Hair dryer
- Personal computer/laptop
- A lamp
- Iron (automatic shut-off required)
- Emergency supplies for disaster preparedness (e.g., flashlight)
- Mini refrigerator (maximum size is 4.3 cubic feet)
*Cable TV is not included in room and board. Cable TV may be arranged separately with Spectrum Cable at 1-855-243-8892.
Suggested Items for residents in apartments or suites
- Kitchen supplies (pots, pans, cooking utensils, cups, silverware, etc.)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Trash cans (for bathrooms and kitchen)
- Cleaning supplies (sponges, cleanser, broom, mop, etc.)
All Students should have a “go bag” that remains packed and ready in case they are instructed to move for self-isolation purposes. This bag should include:
- Two changes of comfortable clothes
- Linens (an extra set of sheets and a towel)
- Two forms of original identification: A driver’s license, passport, social security card, birth certificate, state ID, or other generally acceptable forms of ID.
You should also keep a list of other items that you’d need to pack quickly, like electronics, medications, a pillow, chargers, phone, additional clean clothes, etc.