Faculty, Staff & emeriti
Based on CSU policy requirements and information security best practices, the Campus password expiration guideline requires that all Faculty, Staff, and Emeriti change their Campus password annually during the month of October.
How to change your password
- Gather all of your mobile devices.
- If you have a desktop iMac, we recommend that you change your password using System Preferences on your assigned Campus iMac.
- To change your password use the CSUF Employee: Change Password site.
- On mobile devices, wait for password prompts.
- To change your administrative account password, use Instructions on how to change password site
Update Security Questions
We strongly encourage you to update your password security questions so that you can reset your password if you forget.
- Log into the Campus Portal
- In the menu you will see a Settings link which will open your Profile Settings.
- Under the Employee Account Settings there is an option for Password Reset Security Questions.
- Press the Edit link at the end of that option and it will display the current security questions for you to change.
- Should be between 12 and 20 characters
- Contain 3 of these 4 requirements:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Symbols: ! @ $ % & * - _ + .
- No part of your name can be used
- You cannot use your last 24 campus passwords
Update Password on Mobile Devices
After you have changed your campus password, you will need to update the email and WiFi passwords on any mobile devices that are connected to your campus account. So be sure to have them close by.
Do I Need To Change My Password?
You will need to change your password if you are:
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Employee "ZZ accounts" (including Graduate Assistants)
- Teaching Associates
- Visiting Scholar
- Administrative Accounts (conference rooms, labs, and department accounts)
Contact the IT Help Desk at 657-278-7777 if you are unsure if your account requires a password reset.