LGBTQ FAculty & Staff AssociatioN
The LGBTQ Faculty & Staff Association, Pride Alliance , was established in Fall of 2006 as an organization dedicated to providing voice and representation for LGBTQ-identifying members of the Titan Family at California State University, Fullerton.
We envision a stronger CSUF community that is equitable, respectful, and where LGBTQ+ people, inclusive of all our intersecting identities, feel fully valued and integrated.
The CSUF Pride Alliance is dedicated to providing voice and representation for the coalition of LGBTQ+ and other related faculty and staff at California State University, Fullerton. We join together to acknowledge and celebrate our often diverse, but common LGBTQ+ affinity.
As an organization, we pledge to work collaboratively in order to achieve the following goals:
Goal 1: Community Building
The Pride Alliance will offer and promote opportunities to connect, socialize with, and support LGBTQ+ faculty and staff across the campus community.
- Create a calendar of social events that caters to the diverse interests of the LGBTQ+ community on campus;
- Explore the development of a mentoring program for faculty, staff, and staff;
- Develop a communications strategy;
- Support and provide input in the fair recruitment, hiring, retention, treatment, and promotion of LGBTQ+ students, faculty, staff, and administrators on campus;
- Advocate for and proactively respond to the many needs of LGBTQ+ community in regards to issues impacting the campus community as well as at the local, national, global level.
Goal 2: Visibility
The Pride Alliance will raise awareness of the presence and contributions of its members, and the larger LGBTQ+ community at Cal State Fullerton.
- Strategically engage with other Faculty & Staff Associations and diversity-focused leadership on campus;
- Strategically engage with and increase LGBTQ+ presence in other campus units or groups;
- Participate in the on-boarding of new faculty and staff;
- Promote membership;
- Build strong, effective linkages with University administration and with the surrounding community at large.
Goal 3: Resources
The Pride Alliance will provide access and promote the resources and services available within the CSUF campus, the greater Orange County community, and other professional organizations and associations to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Explore the development of a speaker series for LGBTQ+ faculty, staff, and students;
- Develop professional and personal development programming catering to the diverse interests of the LGBTQ+ community at Cal State Fullerton;
- Advocate for increased resources for LGBTQ+ students;
- Identify and potentially apply for grants to support the members of the LGBTQ+ community at Cal State Fullerton.