Looking to log your service hours? Follow the steps and you will be able to track your service hours and see them on your Titan Pride Record!
- Visit the Service Hour tool
- This can also be found by logging in to TitanLink, selecting your user icon in the top right corner, and selecting Service Hours.
- Click Add Service Hours.
- Select the Student Organization you would like to receive credit for your service hours.
- If you are not a member of a student organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added as a member the Community Service Programs group. Within a few days, you should receive an invite to join our page on TitanLink - then you'll be able to log your hours.
- Fill in the required information to log your hours.
- Please provide a thorough description of the service hours you completed.
- A verification contact is not required, but can be useful if we need to verify your hours.
- Wait for your hours to be reviewed and approved by Student Life and Leadership.
- This is generally at the end of each month.
Why Log Service Hours?
- Logging hours in TitanLink ensures your service hours can be verified by CSUF for graduate or professional school and/or job searches.
- Logged service hours can be found in one convenient place: your Titan Pride Record!
- Service hours help your student organization win Tuffy’s Awards.
- Accurate tracking of service hours is tied to benefits like grants and funding that will create more opportunities and financial aid for CSUF students.
What Counts as Service Hours?
Service hours are earned for time spent volunteering, or the giving of time and energy, that benefits a community other than your own.
- Examples of approvable hours:
- Serving meals at a shelter
- Volunteering at your church
- Volunteering at a blood drive
- Attending a beach clean up
- Unpaid internship hours
- Attending any events hosted by Community Service Programs
- Non-approvable hours:
- Donating money or items will not earn service hours. Your organization can track philanthropic dollars through other means but not through service hours.
- Fundraising for your club. Because you as a member of the club benefit from this, this is ineligible as service hours. If you are fundraising for a charitable cause, whatever portion of the funds that will be donated to the charitable organization is approvable as service hours.
- i.e. If you spend 2 hours fundraising and 50% of proceeds are donated to a charitable organization, you may log 1 service hour on TitanLink.
Service Hour Handout
Feel free to send this informational handout to members of your student organization as a reminder for them to log their service hours.