Evaluations - Tenure Track
Normally, a probationary faculty member is given a two-year initial appointment. Probationary faculty are subject to reviews before they are re-appointed to third, fourth, fifth or sixth probationary years or granted tenure. Appointment to probationary status implies that a faculty member will eventually be granted tenure if his or her performance meets the standards in Section II UPS 210.000 (current version approved August 14, 2017) and of his or her approved Departmental Personnel Standards. Tenure-track faculty are considered probationary faculty until they are awarded tenure or terminated.
The RTP timeline is established by the Office of the Provost, on behalf of the President.
- Faculty Personnel Policy and Procedures (UPS 210.000) (Approved August 14, 2017)
- Department Personnel Standards
All approved department personnel standards can be found on the Department Personnel Standards page.
If you do not see your department, it does not have approved standards and UPS 210.000 should be used.
The following colleges will use Table A for the RTP timetable:
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health and Human Development
The following colleges will use Table B for the RTP timetable:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics