Normally, a probationary faculty member is given a two-year initial appointment. Probationary faculty are
subject to reviews before they are re-appointed to third, fourth, fifth or sixth probationary years or granted tenure.
Appointment to probationary status implies that a faculty member will eventually be granted tenure if his or her
performance meets the standards in Section II of UPS 210.000 and of his or her approved Departmental Personnel Standards.
Tenure-track faculty are considered probationary faculty until they are awarded tenure or terminated.
Faculty also have the option to submit their files in an electronic format. Electronic retention, tenure
and promotion (ERTP) participation must be approved prior to file submission. Please contact Rita Page
at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the ERTP page for more information.
The President establishes the timeline and schedule of the review cycle each year.
Review schedule can be found below:
2013-2014 RTP Timetable A
The following colleges will use Table A for the RTP timetable:
• Counseling and Psychological Services
• Engineering and Computer Science
• Natural Sciences and Mathematics
• Mihaylo College of Business and Economics (Accounting only).
2013-2014 RTP Timetable B
The following colleges will use Table B for the RTP timetable:
• Health and Human Development
• Humanities and Social Sciences
• Mihaylo College of Business and Economics (except Accounting).
• Faculty Personnel Policy and Procedures (UPS 210.000)
• Recent Changes to UPS 210.000 (6/20/11)
• Department Personnel Standards
All approved department personnel standards can be found on the Department Personnel Standards page.
If you do not see your department, it does not have approved standards and UPS 210.000 should be used.