Frequently Asked Questions

Is an appointment required to meet with an adviser?

Academic Advisement is available on a walk-in basis, so come in anytimeOpens in new window to meet with an academic adviser. To maximize your valuable time, plan ahead and visit the Academic Advisement Center during non-registration periods. Make sure to bring in a current, printed copy of your Titan Degree Audit (TDA)Opens in new window in order to be advised. Students who are Undeclared have the opportunity to schedule an appointment (LINK: undeclared appointment) to meet with a Major Exploration Specialist. Click here (LINK: major Exploration) for more details.

What can I do if I'm having trouble in classes?

CSUF has many resources to support you in your quest for academic success, such as the University Learning Center, where FREE tutors are available for most subjects. In addition, students majoring in business or economics can utilize the Mihaylo College Tutoring Center. If you would like some information on study skills, stress management, or even procrastination, we encourage you to visit the Student Support Services portion of this site. For more information on dropping courses, academic probation, or strategies for efficiently raising your GPA, please visit the AAC and discuss your challenges with an Academic Adviser.

What is the Titan Degree Audit (TDA) and where can I find it?

The Titan Degree Audit (TDA)Opens in new window is the official advising tool used campus-wide and is the single document that will follow you from admission to graduation. The TDA will allow you to keep track of you degree progress and plan for graduation. You may access the TDA 24/7 through your Student Portal via Titan Online.Opens in new window