Declare a Major
- Obtain the “Undergraduate Change of Academic Objective” form in UH-123B or at Admissions and Records (LH-114) and fill out the top section with your student information.
- Locate your new major department. Use the CSUF online catalog and click “degree listing” for information about your new major department and undergraduate degree requirements.
- Speak with a major advisor to discuss major requirements and/or pre-reqs, concentration choic-es, and career options.
Step 2 (The Signature)
- First, obtain the (ADD) major department signature in Section A of the “Undergraduate Change of Academic Objective” form.
- If you are a declaring a concentration as well, complete Section C.
- Second, obtain the (DROP) signature from the Major Exploration Coordinator in the Academic Advisement Center (UH-123B).
- Walk-ins and appointments are welcome (email email@example.com to schedule an appointment).
- Be prepared to complete a 5-10 minute “Declaring Your Major” survey before obtaining the drop signature.
Step 3 ( Submit the Form )
- Submit the form at Admissions and Records (LH-114)
- It is that simple! Visit your major department regularly for advising on major requirement.