Declare a Major

Step 1

  • Obtain the “Undergraduate Change of Academic Objective” form in UH-123B or at Admissions and Records (LH-114) and fill out the top section with your student information.
  • Locate your new major department. Use the CSUF online catalog and click “degree listing” for information about your new major department and undergraduate degree requirements.
  • Speak with a major advisor to discuss major requirements and/or pre-reqs, concentration choic-es, and career options.

Declaring Major Form

Step 2 (The Signature) 

  • First, obtain the (ADD) major department signature in Section A of the “Undergraduate Change of Academic Objective” form.
    • If you are a declaring a concentration as well, complete Section C.
  • Second, obtain the (DROP) signature from the Major Exploration Coordinator in the Academic Advisement Center (UH-123B).
    • Walk-ins and appointments are welcome (email to schedule an appointment).
    • Be prepared to complete a 5-10 minute “Declaring Your Major” survey before obtaining the drop signature.

Declaring Major Form Sign

Step 3 ( Submit the Form )

  • Submit the form at Admissions and Records (LH-114)
  • It is that simple! Visit your major department regularly for advising on major requirement.