The department assists students in registering for courses when students have taken prerequisites at other institutions and the student recieves an error indicating they have not taken the appropriate prerequisites. Permits are not issued to 'skip' prerequisites.
If you need to request a permit to enroll, please review the following prior to requesting a permit.
- You must have fulfilled the prerequisites for the course or have documented permission from a biology advisor. Permission from a biology advisor does not guarantee your request will be approved.
- If the class is full and has a waitlist, we are extraordinarily unlikely to issue you a permit. PLEASE NOTE, that courses can show as open when students are moving from the waitlist into the course.
- If you have not tried to register on your own, please do so before requesting a permit.
- When you tried to register on your own, what error did you recieve?
If the error included a message about 'enrollment restrictions', try to add to the waitlist or to another open section. If this was your error message, we are extraordinarly unlikely to grant you a permit. If it was an error about prerequisites and the class is not full with a waitlist, you may request a permit.
To request a permit - go here - BIOLPERMITS FORM
- DO NOT REQUEST A PERMIT MORE THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR REGISTRATION DATE, WE WILL NOT RESPOND AND WE DO NOT HOLD SEATS.
- We will issue a PERMIT for a class ONLY ONCE. If your PERMIT expired; or if you have submitted a request (and a response has been sent to you) and you wish to switch to another section; or if you are currently enrolled in one section of this class and are trying to switch to another section, then you MUST wait until classes begin. DO NOT SUBMIT ANOTHER REQUEST. It will not be responded to.
- We do not issue permits to add to the waitinglist.