Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The Computer Engineering program has established the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Technical Growth: Graduates will be successful in modern engineering practice, integrate into the local and global workforce, and contribute to the economy of California and the nation.
- Professional Skills: Graduates will continue to demonstrate the professional skills necessary to be competent employees, assume leadership roles, and enjoy career success and satisfaction.
- Professional Attitude and Citizenship: Graduates will become productive citizens with high ethical and professional standards, make sound engineering or managerial decisions, and have enthusiasm for the profession and professional growth.
Upon completion of the degree program, graduates of the Computer Engineering program must demonstrate:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
The BS degree in Computer Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET .