Online Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSE) Program
The MSE program is designed for professionals working in the field of computer science who wish to further their skills and pursue graduate level education in software engineering.
The MSE curriculum covers industry de-facto standard and international standard models in software process, software process assessment and improvement, software requirements, software architectural design, software testing, software project management, software measurement, and software engineering ethics, such as agile processes, Scrum, XP, CMMI/SCAMPI, ISO 12207/15504, ISO/IEEE standards, SESC framework, test process, agile testing, maintenance metrics, Attribute-Driven Design (ADD), estimation and scheduling, project planning, and many current practices in the field.
Applications for Fall 2023 admission open on October 1.
Application (Cal State Apply) Deadline:
- International students: April 1, 2023
- Domestic students: May 1, 2023
Required Documents Deadline:
- International students: April 17, 2023
- Domestic students: May 17, 2023
See How to Apply for more details.
- Fall 2023 enrollment is now closed. For more information, please refer to the Registration Guide .
- Students in fully online programs (including MSE) are not required to submit vaccine records at this time. For more information, please visit coronavirus.fullerton.edu.
All courses 100% online
Asynchronous course delivery
If your B.S degree is NOT in Computer Science, please make sure to send your resume to the program coordinator, Dr. Ryu at email@example.com for a review of your qualification for this program and possible academic/career advice.
If you want to discuss the program, curriculum, admission requirements, or career change in person or via the ZOOM meeting, please contact Dr. Ryu.
Free Summer Coding Bootcamp
May 19 - July 31, 2023
The Bootcamp offers an opportunity for students to enhance their coding skills and prepare for technical interviews.
- It is ideal for beginners seeking foundational coding skills or for those looking to sharpen their existing coding skills.
- The bootcamp includes technical (coding) interview practices to help students prepare for job interviews in the tech industry.
If you are interested in attending the Bootcamp, please contact the program coordinator, Dr. Ryu, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, as the available seats are limited.
Note: Exclusive for students in software engineering program.
Ranked 34th in the Best online Engineering Programs by US News and World reports.
Ranked 1st in the Nation among non-PhD granting institutions by U.S. News and World report, 2022.
Ranked 4th in the Top 25 Online Master’s in Software Engineering, Intelligent.com, 2022.
Ranked 2nd in the 25 Best Online Master’s Degrees in Software Engineering 2022, Best Value Schools, 2022.
Ranked 5th in 25 Best Online Master's in Software Engineering Degrees by Best Computer Science Schools. (2021-2022).
Ranked 7th in the Best Online Master’s in Software Engineering Degrees, College Choice, 2022.
Ranked 1st in the most Affordable Online Master’s in Software Engineering Degrees by Best Computer Science Schools .
Ranked 1st in the Online Master’s Degrees in Software Engineering, AffordableColleges.com, 2022.
"You get the opportunity to network with likeminded individuals in the industry and work with them to simultaneously expand and hone in on your own skillset."
- Corey A. Rogers, MSE alumni (2014 - 2016)