Before you apply, please check that you meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must meet the minimum criteria for the admission.
- The applicant must have completed four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree with a minimum/cumulative grade point average of 2.5 for applicants having an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or 3.0 for other degree holders.
- An official transcript is required from each university or college you have attended.
- For international students: a minimum score of 550 (paper) or 80 in TOEFL or 6.5 Academic in IELTS or 58 in PTE.
- For further details, please visit graduate admissions.
- The applicant should have taken an Introductory Software Engineering course (equivalent with CPSC 362 at CSUF) or should have work experience in software development.
- If you did not complete the above Software Engineering course, email your resume to the MSE Program Coordinator at email@example.com to check your qualifications.
- If you would like to know more about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you meet both the above requirements, apply using the following steps:
- Apply online at the apply page . The online application will be open from October 1, 2022 to July 2023. A $70 application fee will apply and must be paid online.
- Submit all your supporting documents (official transcripts from all institutions attended, mark sheets, degree certificate, and official TOEFL/ IETLS /PTE scores) to the following address:
ECS Admissions College of Engineering and Computer Science
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6870
Fullerton, CA 92834-6870
Documents may be sent electronically to email@example.com. Documents must be sent directly from the school/institution of origin.
For more details, please visit graduate admission .
Note: Usually it takes a few weeks or months to get the result. First come, first served. Therefore, apply as early as possible.
After you get an admission letter:
- The deadline to accept the offer of admission and pay a non-refundable $250 enrollment deposit is TBD.
Note: After completing this step, you might have to wait for a few days for the process to be completed.
- Enroll in the classes (usually starting from April - to be notified). For more information on the enrollment process, please visit the enroll page .
- Attend the MSE Orientation on campus* (usually on the 1st Saturday starting the Fall semester - to be notified).
We strongly recommend you attend the Orientation as it is an excellent opportunity to form groups with your classmates for your group projects and meet the professors in person.
- Attend the class on time (check the university calendar and your university email account)
Advanced Software Engineering Management Courses (6 units total)CPSC-546 - Modern Software Management
CPSC 548 - Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues for Software Engineers
Capstone Experience (6 units total)CPSC 597 I - Graduate Project in Computer Science
CPSC 597 II - Graduate Project in Computer Science