Typical Questions on Admission

How many versions of Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSE) programs do you offer?

We offer two versions of MSE. One is called online MSE and the other is called AMSE (Accelerated Master of Science in Software Engineering). AMSE is an in-class version of MSE.

How do I apply for your online MSE cohort?

You can apply through Cal State Apply.

I don't have a bachelor's degree in computer science. Nevertheless, I do have more than one year of working experience in the software industry. May I apply?

Yes. We will consider your application. The best way to know whether you qualify or not is to email your resume to Dr. James Choi (his email address is jchoi@fullerton.edu).

I have applied. Who should I contact about my application status?

Please contact Dr. James Choi at jchoi@fullerton.edu for your MSE application status.

Is there an in-class version of MSE?called AMSE (Accelerated Master in Software Engineering)?

Since some students can't take the online MSE program (e.g., the online MSE program can't issue I-20 to international students), we offer an Accelerated Master in Software Engineering (AMSE) to serve those students. AMSE is totally in-class. For more information please visit the AMSE website .

Is the AMSE (in-class version of MSE) degree different from the online MSE degree?

No. Even though the AMSE  is offered by the university's Extended Education, both online MSE and AMSE offer the same degree - Master of Science In Software Engineering.

Is there a cost difference between the AMSE and the MSE?

Yes. The online MSE costs less than the in-class MSE (AMSE). AMSE's cost is comparable to the out-of-state tuition.

When can I apply for the next Spring AMSE cohort?

The application process for Spring AMSE cohort starts on August 1st.

My undergraduate degree is not in computer science. Is it possible for me to apply the AMSE program?

Yes. It is possible.