The USA-Uzbekistan collaboration for Research, Education and Student Training is the result of collaborative efforts started in 2011 by Dr. Zair Ibragimov at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) and a group of mathematics faculty at Urgench State University (Uzbekistan). To this end, they jointly organized three workshops (Fullerton 2011, Urgench 2011, Fullerton 2013) and two larger-scale USA-Uzbekistan conferences (Fullerton 2014, Urgench 2017) in Mathematics. There were several delegation exchanges: CSUF hosted three Uzbekistan Higher Education delegations (2011, 2013, 2019), CSUF delegation visited Uzbekistan (2012) and CSUF delegation participated in the first Uzbekistan-United States Joint Committee Meeting on Science and Technology Cooperation held in Tashkent (2014). Under the IRES Program, 19 U.S. undergraduate students spent nine weeks in Uzbekistan during summer 2017, 2018 and 2019 to conduct research in mathematics. Under the CSU-LSAMP IRES Program, 10 California State University students spent nine weeks in Uzbekistan during summer 2017, 2018 and 2019 to conduct research in Mathematics, Physics and Biochemistry.
Activities planned for 2020:
- Visit of two IRES mentors from Uzbekistan to CSUF during January.
- Partnership agreement between CSUF and Tashkent University of Information Technologies (TUIT): a delegation visit from TUIT is planned during February and visits of CSUF faculty experts to TUIT is planned in August.
- IRES program from June 14 to August 9.
- Advanced Studies Institute in Mathematical Physics, to be held on August 3-14 at the Institute of Mathematics
- Third USA-UZB conference to be held on August 13-16 at Urgench State University.
- West Asian Mathematical Schools, to be held on August 17-22 at Urgench State University.
For more information contact Dr. Zair Ibragimov at firstname.lastname@example.org.