Making a reservation at the Desert Studies Center
Please note: due to the evolving guidance for COVID-19, reservations are accepted pending any changes in policy.
Reservations are available to individuals and groups conducting work in the Mojave Desert that meets the mission of the Desert Studies Center. Available facilities include day use meeting rooms, labs, and classrooms, and overnight accommodation including bunkrooms, single rooms, and private cabins.
Visitors must agree to:
- Obtain all necessary permits for their work through Mojave National Preserve and/or other applicable agencies, well in advance of their visit.
- Abide by the policies of Mojave National Preserve, the California State University, and the Desert Studies Center while on site.
- Abide by the Desert Studies Center Code of Conduct .
- Abide by the payment and cancellation policies.
To make a reservation at the DSC, use the RAMS website. Reservations are a two-part process:
- Make an application for use, which will describe the project you are working on.
- Make a reservation for the specific dates and facilities you need. If you are repeating visits for the same project, you can skip step 1. Reservations will be reviewed by DSC staff. If you have a large group, please complete the group roster form and include it in your reservation request.
- After confirmation by DSC staff, send full payment to the DSC prior to arrival.
RAMS Reservation System