Minimum state requirements for admission to conditional classified standing in the program include:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education (a major in engineering is NOT required).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of:
- 2.5 for applicants with an engineering bachelor's degree
3.0 for applicants with a non-engineering bachelor's degree
- If this requirement is not met, then the last 60 semester units attempted will be reviewed as documented by two official copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Good standing at the last college attended.
- For applicants with baccalaureate degrees from a country in which English is not the majority language, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE may be required. The minimum scores are 550 or 80 IBT (TOEFL), 6.5 (IELTS), 58 (PTE).
- GRE, letters of recommendation, and resumes are not required.
Conditionally-admitted students with non-engineering baccalaureate degrees will be required to complete the following courses:
1) Two semesters of calculus/mathematics through differential equations (MATH 150A and MATH 150B)
2) Two semesters of college chemistry
3) Two semesters of calculus-based physics (PHYS 225 and PHYS 226)
4) Fluid mechanics**
5) One undergraduate-level environmental engineering course**
These deficiency courses may be taken concurrently while conditionally admitted into the program and may be taken at another institution.
**Course will be waived upon completion of EGCE 570 and EGCE 571 with a B or above.
For additional admission information please visit the ECS Graduate Admissions page.
How to apply
Steps you must take to apply for the program, including completing the online application and submitting documents
HOW TO ENROLL
Once accepted, there are certain steps you must take to enroll in the program, register for courses, and access classes