Online Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSE) Program
The MSE program is designed for professionals working in the field of computer science who wish to further their skills and pursue graduate level education in software engineering.
The MSE curriculum covers industry de-facto standard and international standard models in software process, software process assessment and improvement, software requirements, software architectural design, software testing, software project management, software measurement, and software engineering ethics, such as agile processes, Scrum, XP, CMMI/SCAMPI, ISO 12207/15504, ISO/IEEE standards, SESC framework, test process, agile testing, maintenance metrics, Attribute-Driven Design (ADD), estimation and scheduling, project planning, and many current practices in the field.
Applications for Fall 2022 admission are open!
Application (Cal State Apply) Deadline:
- International students: April 1, 2022
- Domestic students: July 1, 2022
Required Documents Deadline:
- International students: April 17, 2022
- Domestic students: July 17, 2022
See How to Apply for more details.
- Spring 2022 enrollment opens beginning November 1, 2021. For more information, please refer to the Spring 2022 Registration Guide .
- Students in fully online programs (including MSE) are not required to submit vaccine records at this time. For more information, please visit coronavirus.fullerton.edu.
All courses 100% online
Asynchronous course delivery
Ranked 25th in the Best online Engineering Programs by US News and World reports.
Ranked 1st in the Top 25 Online Master’s in Software Engineering, Intelligent.com, 2021.
Ranked 2nd in the 25 Best Online Master’s Degrees in Software Engineering 2020, Best Value Schools, 2021
Ranked 5th in 25 Best Online Master's in Software Engineering Degrees by Best Computer Science Schools. (2017-2018).
Ranked 7th in the Best Online Master’s in Software Engineering Degrees, College Choice, 2021
"You get the opportunity to network with likeminded individuals in the industry and work with them to simultaneously expand and hone in on your own skillset."
- Corey A. Rogers, MSE alumni (2014 - 2016)