The Division of Information Technology governance structure establishes the strategic, operational and technical decision-making process necessary to ensure an innovative, reliable and robust information technology. IT governance provides strategic leadership, establishes campus-wide IT priorities and policies in accordance with the University Strategic Plan.
General responsibilities of it governance committees
The IT governance structure as a whole is responsible for the following:
- Establishing and communicating a campus-wide IT vision that supports the University Strategic Plan
- Establishing IT policies that support strategic, campus-wide IT priorities
- Establishing an overall IT budget structure for total IT spend on campus
- Defining technical architecture and standards
- Establishing best practices and tools for IT