Faculty, Staff, Emeriti, & Administrative Account Two-Factor Authentication
If you are a student, please visit the Student Two-Factor Authentication webpage
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) confirms your identity by requiring two pieces of information. Our current Two-Factor Authentication solution is a cloud-based software service named Duo Security, which requires something you know and something you have.
Two-Factor Authentication will be required when accessing campus resources that require Portal and Microsoft log-in .
If you are unable to use your mobile device or do not have an office phone number and would like to be issued a token, please contact the HelpDesk@fullerton.edu.
By enabling 2FA, you will only be required to change your password once a year rather than 3 times a year. (Effective the date of 2FA enrollment)
Complete Duo Enrollment
NOTE: You will need to be able to answer your campus desk phone during the enrollment process. If you are enrolling an Administrative Account, please contact the IT Help Desk.
Using and Setting Up Duo
- Using Duo Security
- Update your off-campus email
- How to request Duo passcode
- How to add a tablet
- How to add a landline
- How to add additional devices
Using Duo with Office 365
- Emeriti/Administrative Accounts: View user guides on the Duo Office 365 & User Login Change
- View all User Login Change & Microsoft O365 Duo Authentication User Guides (Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, Emeriti, Administrative Accounts)
- View User Login Change and Microsoft Duo Authentication Training recording on YouTube
- View User Login Change and Microsoft Duo Authentication PowerPoint presentation
Need IT Help?
IT Help Desk
Chat: Via the Portal, Online IT Help
Office 365 login to require DUO 2FA
DUO Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) will be required when logging in to applications which require Microsoft login. This is to expand the use of Duo security to other applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc
Which apps are affected:
Outlook (PC, Mac, iOS, Android)
Microsoft Office desktop, mobile, and online apps (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, MS Teams)
Other Web Apps (e.g., Adobe.com, Adobe Sign, and Smartsheet)
Adobe Creative Cloud
Skype for Business
Apps we no longer support*:
*Please use the Outlook Mobile App available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store