AntiVirus Conversion Project
Welcome to the Campus Antivirus Conversion Project page. Please check this page frequently to obtain updated information about the conversion project.
Effective July 1, 2011, the CSUF contractual agreement with McAfee will NOT BE RENEWED. McAfee products must be removed from all campus owned assets as well as at-home use products obtained from TitanCard. Antivirus (DAT) definition updates may no longer function properly on McAfee products after July 1, 2011.
Effective immediately, a new contractual agreement between Microsoft Corporation and the CSU system provides for a full suite of Microsoft Forefront Security products for campus desktops, laptops, servers, and infrastructure. Forefront products provide managed endpoint protection as well as tailored backend system security for current campus systems such as Exchange and SharePoint.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are we converting our Antivirus product?
Microsoft Forefront provides highly cost effective solutions to protect campus workstation and server security. Independent tests show that Microsoft Forefront competes at comparable levels with Norton, McAfee, and other brand name antivirus and anti-malware solutions.
What can I expect from the conversion process?
- If you are using a campus rollout qualified desktop workstation, the conversion will be seamless and covered by Information Technology services and support.
- If you are using a department owned workstation, your campus technology staff member(s) will have the tools and knowledge to convert your antivirus product.
- If you are a campus technology staff member, you will need to independently convert your labs, department desktops, laptops, and servers to the Microsoft Forefront suite of products. You will be receiving information via email on where to find the Forefront products and how to use them.
I have a campus owned laptop or I use a campus McAfee product on my personal computer. How do I convert my antivirus?
- First, destroy the McAfee media you received from the campus.
- Second, uninstall McAfee from your campus owned laptop and personally owned devices.
- Finally, install the free version of Microsoft Security Essentials.
Detailed instructions showing how to uninstall McAfee and install Microsoft Security Essentials on a PC may be found at: http://www.fullerton.edu/ittraining/support/docs/QRG-Updating_Anti_Virus_to_Security_Essentials.pdf
Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software for PC may be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
I have a Mac OS system, how do I convert my antivirus?
Microsoft Forefront does not currently support Mac OS; therefore, Information Technology recommends ClamXav. Like a PC, McAfee antivirus must be removed from your system before installing a new antivirus product.
Detailed instructions showing how to uninstall McAfee and install ClamXav on a Mac OS may be found at: http://www.fullerton.edu/ittraining/support/docs/QRG-Updating_Mac_Anti_Virus_to_Clam.pdf
ClamXav antivirus software for Mac OS may be found at: http://www.clamxav.com/
Detailed instructions for removing McAfee and Installing ClamXav manually on a CAMPUS OWNED MAC WORKSTATION ONLY (intended for Campus Technology Staff)