Welcome to the Center for Internships & Community Engagement. Our goal is to support you to create the ideal community-based experiences for your students. The Center strives to serve as a “relationship broker” between the university and the community. In this role, we have connected faculty to the local and international community in teaching and research opportunities that are beneficial to all involved.
Some of our services to you include :
- Develop and screen academic internship and service-learning opportunities for appropriateness, safety, and departmental standards.
- Promote departmental internship programs to students and the community.
- Retain student placement and consent form information to generate reports.
- Present orientations in your classroom on academic internships and service-learning.
- Provide mini-grants and conference and travel stipends.
- Host a library resource center on experiential education books and materials.
- Provide faculty development opportunities in the area of experiential learning.
Get started by scheduling a consultation with CICE staff.
Faculty - CICE Services
CICE Faculty Interface
Service-Learning Tips & FAQs
High Impact Practices - The HIP 6
Community Engagement Awards