Community Engagement Awards
Awards: applications closed
Medals: applications CLOSED
The Center for Internships & Community Engagement invites partner organizations, students, and CSUF personnel to nominate candidates for the Community Engagement Awards. With these honors, we are proud to recognize the outstanding examples of leadership, service, and partnership that strengthen the many bonds of engagement that the University shares with the community.
Nominations are accepted from partner organizations, students, or CSUF personnel; self-nominations are acceptable.
Stewards of Place
These awards honor outstanding reciprocal partnerships that respond to identified community needs, engage students in course-related service, and provide faculty with opportunities to develop the scholarship of engagement through research and/or publications.
FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Most Committed Partner
1) Dedication and fulfillment of responsibilities. Describe how the nominee has contributed time, effort and/or resources to participate in CICE programs and fulfill its responsibilities as a host site. 2) Support of CSUF staff, faculty and/or students. Describe how the nominee has supported CSUF staff, faculty and/or students, and provide 2 or 3 examples.
Extraordinary Acts of Service Award
This award recognizes a student who has performed exceptional act(s) of course-related service. This award recognizes students who have shown commitment above and beyond their duties to accomplish project(s) that result in tangible benefit for a community partner organization. To be eligible, students must be able to demonstrate that they have met certain criteria (request application form for details). The information provided will be verified through CICE’s placement system.
Outstanding Student Leader Award
This award recognizes a service-learning student who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in course-related service to the community. Candidates are students who have shown creativity and initiative and have taken risks to complete tasks that advance goals of the organization or agency where the service-learning takes place or have made valuable contributions that positively impact their colleagues, the organization, or the community.
Graduating students have completed two years of service during the last four years as AmeriCorps Members receive a sash to be worn at Commencement.
APPLICATIONS AND FAQs
- Application forms for 2018 Awards and Medals will be posted after December 2017. Eligibility criteria MAY CHANGE for 2018; be certain to verify eilgibility once 2018 application materials are posted here.
- CE Medal 2017 FAQs. These will be updated for 2018. Please check this site after December 2017.
Community Engagement Medal
The CE Medal is worn at Commencement to recognize and honor graduating seniors who pursued experiential education opportunities during their academic studies at CSUF through academic internships or service-learning coursework. To be eligible, students must be able to demonstrate that they have met certain criteria (request application form for details). The information provided will be verified through CICE’s placement system.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Acceptable / Unacceptable Courses for CE Medal
- sample: CHAD
- sample: COMM
- sample: HESC
- sample: HUSR
- sample: 30 extra hours
- sample: Proof of Hours - completed (site supervisor)
- sample: Proof of Hours - signed timesheet
- sample: Proof of Hours - in process
Why do service?