Pre-Submission Requirements /CAYUSE
At CSUF, any submission to an external funding agency (“sponsor”) cannot be made without appropriate review and approval by authorized administrators within the university, as required under ICSUAM Section 11000 .
The university uses the Cayuse system for electronic routing and approvals.
The Cayuse 424 System
CSUF selected Cayuse 424, an easy-to-use Web application created specifically to simplify the creation, review, and electronic submission of grant proposals. A majority of funding opportunities via Grants.gov interfaces with Cayuse. During proposal development, this system performs error-checking based on the agency, funding opportunity guidelines and grants.gov validations.
Access Cayuse through the Campus Portal.
Generally, the following individuals will review and approve a proposal before it can be officially submitted to the sponsor:
- Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
- PI and co-PI (if applicable)
- PI’s/ co-PI’s supervisor (for non-administrative faculty, this is generally the Department Chair)
- Academic Dean or Unit Head
- Associate Vice President of Research and Sponsored Projects (AVP-ORSP)
If a proposal is to a private entity, and award mechanism is expected to be a grant:
- Associate Vice President, University Advancement Operations
If a proposed project requires additional space needs or major equipment purchase or installation:
- Assistant Vice President, Facilities Planning and Management
If a proposed project involves Environmental Health and Safety review items:
- Chemical Hygiene Officer
If a proposed project involves any of the Risk Management items noted in the routing form and/or there is IRB, IACUC or EHIS approval required:
- Risk Manager