New ORSP Grant Supports Faculty Travel
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) has established the ORSP Faculty Travel Grant program to support tenured and tenure track faculty members and librarians in their research, scholarship and creative activities. Its purpose aligns with Goal 3 of the Strategic Plan 2018-2023 – Diversify and grow opportunities to promote faculty teaching, scholarly and creative activities, and support services to enhance the professional lives of faculty.
The program provides matching funds for domestic and international travel that advances professional development opportunities – eventually helping in faculty retention, tenure and promotion. Awards will be given to support travel that enable faculty to:
- present their work at national and international scale peer-reviewed conferences or meetings
- meet with program officers at external funding agencies
- attend federal funding agency sponsored workshops.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not received Faculty Travel Grant funding within the past two years. Funds have been allocated by term (Fall, Spring) to assure year-round support. Awardees are required to provide a short post-travel summary of their activities for reporting purposes.
Applications will be accepted for each term according to the following deadlines:
- Spring 2020: CLOSED
- Fall 2020: 5 p.m., June 5, 2020
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty members
- Must agree to serve as reviewer and mentor for future ORSP Faculty Travel Grants
- Call for Proposals
- Budget Template
- Provide letter of support from department/program chair or equivalent