Website Heading
Skip navigation and go to page content
What is Financial Aid?

How to Apply

What Happens Next?
Am I Independent


Financial Aid Home

invisible placeholder

Am I Independent?
Horizontal Rule

You are considered INDEPENDENT if you:

    1. Were born before January 1, 1988.
    2. Are an orphan, ward of the court, or both of your parents are deceased.
    3. Are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
    4. Have legal dependents other than a spouse.
    5. Are a graduate student.
    6. Are married at the time you sign your FAFSA.
    7. Are currently on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training.
    8. Homeless as designated per federal aid guidelines.
End of content: footer below
University Logo  
This page is maintained by the Cal State Fullerton department of Financial Aid. Report problems to
California State University, Fullerton ©2009. All Rights Reserved.