Entries must include the following to be considered eligible:
A project report in PDF (recommended maximum of 10 pages in length or less), which follows this report template
Source code of the software application: link to public github repository
- Active URL if a browser-based app is deployed as part of the software application
- OPTIONAL: Links to supplemental photos and video (to be used by judges during the week of judging)
All Entries must be submitted through hackcsu2018.devpost.com. Only ONE member of a team needs to register on Devpost and upload the above submission material.
Each Entry must also comply with the following:
- All Entries must be in English
- Entries must not contain materials that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene or Entries that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material. Entries fitting any of these categories may be disqualified at any time in the Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- The Entry must be the Project Team’s original work and must not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Entrants may, but are not required to, submit additional materials to supplement an Entry; provided that, such additional materials are submitted via a file share service and are hyperlinked within the Entry.
Other important inforamtion:
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an Individual or Project Team who the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, believes has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge, has tampered with the Challenge or with any Entry or abuses, threatens or harasses other Entrants or the Sponsor. If a Project Team member is disqualified, the entire Project Team will be disqualified.
All Entrants agree to follow and abide by the design idea requirements and judging criteria. Participation in this Challenge constitutes an agreement by each Entrant, including all members of a Project Team in the case of a Team Entry, to be bound by these Rules and by the decision of the judges which shall be final and binding.
Upon request, GE Digital will provide certain materials to the Project Team Leader necessary to meet the minimum design requirements needed to participate in this Challenge; provided that, such materials are used solely for the purpose of participating in this Challenge. Any other use of such materials may result in disqualification of the entire Project Team.
Information regarding the process relating to obtaining these materials will be provided by GE Digital upon request by an Entrant only after the Project Team Leader has submitted the online entry form.
Each Participating Campus will receive a $10,000 Participation Grant from the Sponsor (distributed by ASC). With the exception of the Participation Grant, GE Digital will not reimburse Entrants for any out-of-pocket costs incurred or for efforts expended in connection with their participation in the Challenge and Entrants have no claim to additional reimbursement.