A panel of Sponsor selected judges, will review each design and rate each Entry on the following criteria:
- Quality of solution,
- Includes originality and creativity of the technical implementation, design, and usability
- Includes how comprehensive the solution is with respect to the given case study
- Real-world potential and benefits,
- Includes the extent to which the value provided to the end user is realistically achievable with existing technologies within the near term; not vague or overly complex to user, or reliant on a technology that is not yet on the market
- How realistic is the analysis?
- Use of Predix platform
- Use of one or more CityIQ APIs
- Includes the clarity of how the solution addresses the given case study, what technology is used, what Predix services are leveraged, what sensor and other data is used, and the connection the solution makes to real-world scenarios.
A maximum of ten (10) points will be awarded for each of the six (10) categories identified in this section. The total number of points possible is sixty (60). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules, the design with the highest total design score shall be awarded the Prizes in accordance with these Rules. In the event of a Tie at any prize level, an additional, “Tie-breaking” judge will determine the winner(s) based on the criteria listed herein based upon the same point system. In the event of a further Tie, the Entrant with the highest score in category (i) above from the Tie breaking judge will be deemed the winner. In the unlikely event of a further Tie, the Tie will be broken based on the highest score achieved in each of categories (ii)-(vi) above until the Tie is broken.
Judges for the Challenge will be fully competent and are required to be fair and impartial. Names of the Challenge judges will be provided upon request.
The award of any prize is contingent on the potential winner (“Potential Winner”) furnishing to GE Digital, at an address GE Digital specifies, (i) a fully executed Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and where legally permissible a Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”); and (ii) such other documentation necessary to ensure non-exclusive irrevocable license for GE Digital to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, display and use the Entry and the design ideas contained therein. The Project Team Leader shall be responsible for obtaining an Affidavit from each Project Team member. Each Potential Winner must submit the aforementioned documentation within fifteen (15) days of attempted notification of winning or the Potential Winner will forfeit the prize. If a Potential Winner forfeits a prize, that prize will not be awarded with respect to such Potential Winner; provided, that, if the Potential Winner is an individual with no team members, the prize may be awarded to the next highest-scoring Entrant. A Potential Winner is not an official winner (“Winner”) until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and Potential Winner has been notified that verification is completed.