The following prizes will be awarded as awards/scholarships through participating campuses:
- First place: $8,000 USD to be awarded as an award/scholarship through their home campus;
- Second place: $5,000 USD to be awarded as an award/scholarship through their home campus; and,
- Third place: $2,000 USD to be awarded as an award/scholarship through their home campus.
Categorical Prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the judging panel as an award/scholarship through their home campus. Categorical prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Best demonstration: $2,000 USD
- Best chance at commercialization: $2,000 USD
- Most unique concept: $2,000 USD
- Most “green:” protects the earth's natural resources and/or reduces environmental impact: $2,000 USD
- Most effective solution using GE’s Predix Technology: $2,000 USD
Internships : In addition to cash awards, all Entrants are eligible to be interviewed for summer internships of the following year with GE Digital. Participation in the GE Digital CSU Challenge and interviewing for summer internships is not a guarantee of a placement in a summer internship.
United States, state and local taxes and other obligations are solely the responsibility of the winners. Prizes may be subject to reporting for tax and other purposes. Winners agree to supply Sponsor with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes (including, without limitation, the completion and execution of IRS Form W-9 or Form W-8BEN, as applicable) and to cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements. Providing necessary tax information and the return of required tax documents is a condition of awarding a prize to the Winner. Failure to meet these requirements shall be cause for ASC and Sponsor not to award a prize.
The members of the any Project Team whose design is chosen for consideration for any award, as a condition of award, may be required to submit further information concerning each Project Team member’s employment and residence.