Information Technology's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Division of Information Technology stands with our diverse campus community. It is a community that is indicative of our rich cultural landscape. From Orange County residents to our international students, each member of this community is what makes Cal State Fullerton the renowned institution that it is.
The Division of IT is dedicated to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). We have set forth diversity goals, which are constantly monitored and evaluated, to improve our practices in managing DEI. We hope this page helps showcase some of the strides we have taken to uphold the tenants of DEI.
Our individual experiences and stories build the structure that is academic and personal excellence. By talking with, listening to, and sharing stories, we can better understand the world around us. Together as a community, we use this knowledge to spur innovation, transformation, and create a better tomorrow.
Amir Dabirian, Ph.D.
Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
In the Division of Information Technology, we advocate DEI practices by:
- Continue to ensure search committees are diverse and inclusive in their demographic characteristics as well and in their expertise
- Continue to advertise on diverse and inclusive job boards as well as in publications aimed at women
- Continue to mandate Cultural Competency 101 Training for new employees
- Continue to bring awareness to our use inclusive language to bring everyone into the group and exclude no one
- Continue to participate in educational programing led by HRDI
- Continue to commit to Educause DEI along with other system-wide CIOs
- Continue to monitor and evaluate diversity goals and achievement to improve our practices in managing DEI
Inclusive Organizational Excellence
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the core of who we are, as highlighted in Goal 3 of the IT Strategic Plan . We recognize and celebrate the diversity amongst us. Goal 3 objectives include:
- Examine the existing IT climate to identify and implement engagement strategies.
- Broaden the current professional development program.
- Establish workplace transparency across the Division.
- Advance ubiquitous communication within IT and across the University.
Inclusive Leadership Development Overview
- Leadership Assessment
- Ongoing Sessions
- Action Planning
- Finalize Plan
Demographics of IT
Demographics of IT
Demographics of IT - Ethnicity
- Asian - 44%
- Black/African American - 7%
- Hispanic/Latino - 11%
- American Indian/Alaska Native - 1%
- Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander - 1%
- Not Specified - 5%
- Two or More Ethnicities/Race - 1%
- White - 30%
Demographics of IT - Gender
- Female - 31%
- Male - 69%