The University Data Center provides a variety of services for departments on campus.
The University Data Center has established redundant power and cooling systems along with higher security and is staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week. IT can also setup scheduled backups of your servers, store backups offsite and virtualize your servers if needed.
Major services include:
- Dedicated cooling seprate from building cooling still managed by central plant
- Redundant cooling provided by central plant's system
- Dedicated Power separate from campus building power
- Redundant power via Uniterrupted Power Source (UPS) and generator
- 24 hours 7 days a week operation
- Card access system security, security cameras and alerts to campus police
- Redundant connections to switches
- Server backups
- Access to Internet Protocol Keyboard Video Mouse (IPKVM)