The University Data Center provides a variety of services for departments on campus.
The University Data Center has an already established redundant power and cooling system along with higher security and being manned 24/7. IT can also can setup schedule backups of your servers, store backups offsite and virtualize your servers if needed.
Major services include:
- Dedicated cooling seprate from building cooling still managed by central plant
- Redundant cooling provided by central plant's system
- Dedicated Power separate from campus building power
- Redundant power via UPS and generator
- 24 hours 7 days a week operation of the data center facilities
- The data center already has additional security in place via card access system, alerts to campus police and security cameras.
- Redundant connections to switches
- Server backups
- Access to IPKVM