Student Genius Center, Pollak Library North, 1st Floor
External DVD drives, and media card readers are available for three hour checkout at the Student Genius Center (SGC). These devices are intended to be used on Library computers.
Center for Equitable Digital Access, Pollak Library North, 1nd Floor
Wacom Cintiq pens and Dell Canvas pens at the Center for Equitiable Digital Access (CEDA). These devices are intended to be used on Library computers, in the Innovation/Makerspace Center and the Interdiscplinary College Collaboration labs.
How to Checkout a Device
Devices are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability.
DVD drives/media card readers are available for checkout at the SGC desk (1st floor) for use on Library computers only.
Wacom Cintiq & Dell Canvas are available at the CEDA desk (2nd floor).
Devices are checked out for three hours and are intended for Library use only. Checkouts can be renewed for an additional three hours, provided other students are not waiting to use it.
Device checkout criteria
- Students must be enrolled for the current semester, with no holds.
- Valid TitanCard is required at all times.
- Late fees of $20 per day will be applied for failure to return the device by the due date.
- All returns must be made 30 mins before the closing time of each service desk.
- By checking out a device, you will be responsible for the equipment being loaned out to you. Any loss of equipment, damages, or theft will result in a fine of $250 to $1,250.
- Replacement fee will be based on the current value of the device at that time.
- Take reasonable care of the device and avoid physical mishandling.
- Keep the device away from food and drink.
- The device will be inspected upon return.
- Do not tamper with any of the hardware components, attempt to open the device, perform repairs by yourself or with third party vendors. Any evidence off hardware tampering will result in a fine of $250 to $1,250.