Long-Term Device Checkout
Center for Equitable Digital Access, Pollak Library North, 2nd Floor
TitanWare is Cal State Fullerton’s comprehensive technology ecosystem designed to advance student success. Our goal is to provide students with the solutions needed to thrive academically and in the workplace.
To assist with your technology needs, the Center for Equitable Digital Access has a semester long loaner program for laptops, iPads, MiFi (portable hotspots), headsets, webcams, monitors, and eGPU's.
How to Request a Loaner devices
Requests for loaner devices must be submitted by our online request form.
Only one computer will be allowed per semester
*Device swaps will not be granted*
**Hold removals and device approvals will not be processed after 5:00pm**
Summer: only have Dells
CEDA hotspots are to be renewed in-person every month; no exceptions. If that is not feasible, we suggest you see if you qualify for a tablet/hotspot through the ACP which are good for a year.
Devices are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability. The student must be enrolled in courses for the current semester. Once the request has been approved you will receive an email from the Center for Equitable Digital Access. Please do not come pick up your device until you recevie the pick up notification.
- MiFi (Portable Hotspots) will only be approved for students who don't have internet access at home. MiFi's are borrowed on a monthly basis and will need to be renewed in person each month.
- Note certain devices are subject to approval based on college specific requirements.
Device checkout Policies
- Students must be enrolled for the current semester, with no holds.
- Valid TitanCard is required at all times.
- Devices are not to be taken out of the country.
- Students are able to check-out loaner devices for the entire semester.
- Late fees of $20 per day will be applied for failure to return the device by the due date.
- Student will be responsible for any shipping costs if they are not able to return the device in person.
- Devices can only be checked out till the end of the current semester. All returns must be submitted on the last day of the current semester.
- By checking out a device for a longer term you will be responsible for the equipment being loaned out to you. Any loss of equipment, damages, or theft will result in a fine.
- Replacement fee will be based on the current value of the device at that time.
- Take reasonable care of the device and avoid physical mishandling.
- Keep the device away from food and drink.
- Avoid touching the screen with hard objects.
- The device will be inspected upon return.
- Students are permitted to install any software, however they are not permitted to unistall any pre-installed software.
- Students are not permitted to uninstall the default operating system and install a different operating system. This includes configuring a dual boot operating system.
- Do not tamper with any of the hardware components, attempt to open the device, perform repairs by yourself or with third party vendors. Any evidence off hardware tampering will result in a fine.
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office
Note: Students may install any additional software that they require for their coursework.
- Laptops provided by the Center for Equitable Digital Access are intended to provide students access to general-use computing needs such as web browsing to access the CSUF Portal, Canvas, & email and basic applications like Microsoft Office 365.
- All devices are intended for academic use.
Laptops provided by the Student Genius Center are intended to provide students access to general-use computing needs such as web browsing to access the CSUF Portal, Titanium, & email and basic applications like Microsoft Office 365.