Long-Term Laptop Checkout
Long-term laptops are available for currently enrolled students to check-out during the semester. This service is a perfect solution for students who don’t have access to a computer from home.
How to Checkout a Laptop
To check out a long-term laptop, the student's instructor will need to send submit a request via our online request form.
Laptops are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability. The student must be enrolled in courses for the current semester. Once the request has been approved you will receive an email from Student Genius Center.
We have a limited number of Mac laptops. Priority for a Mac laptop is given students enrolled in courses that specfically requires students to use software that is specfic to Mac computers such as application development. Your instructor must provide verification a Mac is required in order for you to complete your coursework.
***Note: Laptop approvals will commence during the second week of each semester. It can take 2 - 3 business days for laptop requests to be approved. Due to high volume of requests at the beginning of the semester approvals may take longer and will be taken in the order they came in.
**** The long-term laptop service is not available during intersession. ****
Laptop checkout criteria
- Valid TitanCard is required at all times.
- Students are able to check-out laptops for 30 days and can be renewed up to four times during the semester.
- Laptop renewals must be done in person, by the student who checked out the laptop. Students will need to bring the laptop & TitanCard with them in order to be renewed.
- Late fees of $20 per day will be applied for failure to return the laptop by the due date.
- Laptops can only be checked out till the end of the current semester. All returns must be submitted on the last day of the current semester.
- By checking out a laptop for a longer term you will be responsible for the equipment being loaned out to you. Any loss of equipment, damages, or theft will result in $250 fine.
- Take reasonable care of the laptop and avoid physical mishandling.
- Keep the laptop away from food and drink.
- Avoid touching the screen with hard objects.
- The laptop will be inspected upon return.
- Students are permitted to install any software, however they are not permitted to unistall any pre-installed software.
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office
Note: Students may install any additional software that they require for their coursework
Laptops provided by the Student Genius Center are intended to provide students access to general-use computing needs such as web browsing to access the CSUF Portal, Titanium, & email and basic applications like Microsoft Office 365.