Long-Term Laptop Checkout
Long-term laptops are available for currently enrolled students to check-out during the semester. This service is a perfect solution for students who don’t have access to a computer from home.
How to Checkout a Laptop
Due to the recent COVID-19 and the campus transition to virtual instruction, Student Genius Center is changing it's procedures for long-term device requests. All requests must be submitted through the Dean of Students device request form.
All requests will be reviewed and prioritized.
We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and appreciate your patience while we try to support the campus.
Laptop checkout criteria
- Valid TitanCard is required at all times.
- Students are able to check-out laptops for 30 days and can be renewed up to four times during the semester.
- Laptop renewals must be done in person, by the student who checked out the laptop. Students will need to bring the laptop & TitanCard with them in order to be renewed.
- Late fees of $20 per day will be applied for failure to return the laptop by the due date.
- Laptops can only be checked out till the end of the current semester. All returns must be submitted on the last day of the current semester.
- By checking out a laptop for a longer term you will be responsible for the equipment being loaned out to you. Any loss of equipment, damages, or theft will result in $250 fine.
- Take reasonable care of the laptop and avoid physical mishandling.
- Keep the laptop away from food and drink.
- Avoid touching the screen with hard objects.
- The laptop will be inspected upon return.
- Students are permitted to install any software, however they are not permitted to unistall any pre-installed software.
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office
Note: Students may install any additional software that they require for their coursework
Laptops provided by the Student Genius Center are intended to provide students access to general-use computing needs such as web browsing to access the CSUF Portal, Titanium, & email and basic applications like Microsoft Office 365.