International Research Experience for Students (IRES)
The International Research Experience for Students program is hosted by the California State University, Fullerton in partnership with the Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences, and supports international research experiences for U.S. students in Uzbekistan. The program is partially funded by the IRES program at the National Science Foundation, and gives the U.S. students summer research experience in Uzbekistan in Mathematics, Astrophysics, and Biochemistry & Biophysics.
Every year CSU-LSAMP program provides funding for four LSAMP students to participate in the IRES in Uzbekistan program in Mathematics, Astrophysics, and Biochemistry & Biophysics. LSAMP students from all 23 CSU campuses are eligible to apply.
- $3,500 Scholarship
- Roundtrip flight from Los Angeles covered
- Housing, meals and local transportation provided
- Overseas health & travel insurance provided
- Opportunity to engage in cutting edge research
- Many social, cultural and professional development activities
- Trips to the ancient Silk Road cities of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva
- Paid summer research for nine weeks at the Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences
- Pre-Departure Orientation with Dr. Ibragimov (online)
- Trips to ancient Silk Road cities of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva
- Departure from Los Angeles, first week of June