Research Festival Day to Highlight Collaboration, Developing Partnerships
Connect with potential collaborators for your research, creative activities or projects during the second annual Research Festival Day at the George G. Golleher Alumni House Tuesday, April 25. The day-long, interactive event, presented by the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects and Faculty Development Center, will offer strategies for collaborating and finding your “research pot of gold,” whether for funding and/or collaborative partnerships.
Among the day’s events:
• Round table sessions: find out how collaboration has played a key role in the success of faculty and staff, whose grants have included relationships with other faculty, students, community partners, other universities/institutions, industry and institutional programs
• Faculty Schmooze: looking for your research “soul mate”? A popular feature from last year’s research day, this fun and interactive “speed-dating” session will provide opportunities to converse informally with colleagues to make new and significant research connections across campus and disciplines
• Resource tables: information on library resources, Funding My Research and COS Pivot will be available throughout the day
Recognizing Faculty Research Successes
The day will culminate with the Faculty Research Recognition Reception. Amid appetizers and libations, courtesy of the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects will recognize and celebrate the contributions faculty have made to research in many aspects of CSUF life with five awards:
• Titan on the Rise: Early Career Investigator Award, $750
• Outstanding Research Mentor Award, $750
• Diversity in Research Award, $750
• Outstanding Collaborative Research Award, $750
• Distinguished Faculty Research Award, $2,000
Faculty may self-nominate themselves or nominate a colleague for the awards. For more information, see Award Description and Nomination Process.
To participate in the 2017 Faculty Research Day, register here.