UA Strategic Plan 2018 - 2023
University Advancement serves Cal State Fullerton by building and strengthening relationships with the communities we serve to encourage advocacy, investment and support of the University, its mission, goals and programs in support of student and alumni success.
Our vision is to have a culture of engagement and philanthropy that inspires the global Titan community.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth,
University Advancement commits to these values:
Collaboration: We believe that building strategic partnerships with colleagues is essential to
our success. We work and communicate openly and honestly. We know that by creating a
vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity
to advance our collective capabilities.
Character: We pursue deliberate efforts to ensure that University Advancement is a place
where differences are welcomed, where different perspectives are respectfully heard and
where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We will value the unique
strengths that each person contributes to the team, expresses frequent appreciation of
individuals and teams, and does not gossip about colleagues or clients.
Creativity: We are open to change, experimentation, and risk-taking in our search for smarter
and more creative ways to reach our goals. We anticipate and respond to emerging trends
and have a culture of continuous improvement. We courageously share our unique
perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
Commitment: We commit to increasing diversity among our staff (including student staff),
volunteers and donors. We are committed to equal opportunity for all persons. We commit
to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that, in our workplace and among our donors,
differences are welcomed, and different perspectives are respectfully heard.
Goal 1: Philanthropy
We are committed to fostering increased support for university initiatives that eliminate barriers, expand
immersive experiences and empower all Titans to achieve personal excellence.
- Enhance data-driven decision making to improve fundraising and engagement success.
- Grow the culture of philanthropy with internal and external Titan Communities.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to exceed the dollar and donor goals of the first
Goal 2: Engagement
We will serve as advocates, ambassadors and agents of opportunity to support the growth of Cal State Fullerton. We strive to ensure that our communities are actively involved by providing opportunity for volunteer, experiential, communicativeand philanthropic engagement.
- Develop a sustainable campus-wide community engagement plan.
- Ensure a memorable and positive Titan student experience during all UA points of student engagement.
- Grow our Alumni and Parent/Family Engagement programs to further develop a culture of engagement and philanthropy.
- Refine and focus and grow advocacy and engagement efforts to enhance our relationships with key partners in government and local communities.
- Enhance development of dynamic and diverse advancement-related boards & committees
GOAL 3: Communication
We commit to transparent, timely and authentic internal and external communications.
- Grow our communication efforts to enhance the reach and message of Cal State Fullerton to build Titan Pride.
- Create infrastructures that support the continuous growth of Cal State Fullerton's reputation and presence.
- Strengthen UA communications and engagement through transparent policies, procedures and systems.
- Develop a visual and brand identity for the comprehensive campaign and lead the communications to highlight the impact on communities we serve.
GOAL 4: Culture
We believe that the diversity of our division and the unique, individual strengths and talents of our staff are the cornerstone of our success as a team. We strive to advance both personal success and that of Cal State Fullerton by recognizing the value of an inclusive culture that embraces each employee's unique contributions.
- Cultivate and support leadership and professional development within all members of University Advancement.
- Foster culture that embraces and celebrates a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Enhance the UA employee experience for continuous growth in employee engagement and satisfaction.