Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI)
The CSU Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) is the effort by the California State University (CSU) system to ensure that information and communication technology (ICT) is accessible to all students, faculty, staff, and the wider community. ICT includes websites, computer software and hardware, and multimedia such as video.
The ATI focuses on three areas:
- Instructional materials: documents, multimedia, Canvas courses (LMS), etc.
- Procurement: purchases of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Web: the CSUF web environment and domain, as well as web-based ICT, including instructional materials
The California State University (CSU) is committed to providing a diverse and supportive academic and work environment that facilitates learning, teaching, working and conducting research for all students, employees and visitors. It is CSU policy to ensure that individuals with disabilities shall have equal access to and the opportunity to participate in CSU programs, activities and services. – (E.O. 1111)
CSU ATI Policies
Executive Order 1111 (E.O. 1111), issued in 2018 (and superseding E.O. 926), articulates the CSU Board of Trustees' Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations.
- Memorandum March 8, 2021 (PDF) is an update about the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI).
- Campus Accessibility Strategy for Online Education (PDF), a letter to CSU Presidents, emphasizes campus responsibilities to address accessibility within their online learning environments.
- The CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements (CSU log-in required) are the compliance standards used in support of federal and state legislation as well as the CSU Policy; these are a combination of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0.
ATI at CSUF
Per Coded Memorandum AA-2013-03 , the ATI Steering Committee and its sub-committees and working groups provide governance for the ATI at CSUF.
Quarterly tests are conducted on the CSUF web domain using Cyxtera’s Compliance Sheriff Accessibility Module. Additional manual testing is conducted as needed based on the findings.