GOAL: For admissions committee members to understand who you are as a person and why you have choose your selected profession.
- Please follow the character count the professional application system has provided.
- Should address the following:
- Your motivation for professional school
- Your story – what makes you unique
- Your qualifications and experiences
- Be honest! If you lie or exaggerate about an experience, you may find yourself in an awkward position when asked in an interview to describe
- Take time to do the following:
- Prepare and gather information to include (e.g., your resume, journal, etc)
- Review and proofread
- Get feedback from the Health Professions Advising Office, Career Center, and/or Writing Center
On Campus Resources
If you would like assistance with writing your personal statement, the following on-campus resources are available:
CSUF Writing Center: Available to current CSUF students only
- To schedule an appointment please visit the Writing Center’s website or call the Writing Center at (657) 278-3650.
Career Center: Current Students, Members of Alumni Association, and Current Alumni (within 1 year of graduation)
- Please visit the Career Center’s website for additional information www.fullerton.edu/career.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Mouttapa, by visiting the front page of our website or by phoning our office at 657-278-3980