Faculty and Staff Help Desk
Student IT Help Desk
IT Disaster Recovery
***The Disaster Recovery Site Test is scheduled for May 29, 2021, 8:00AM-8:00PM
In the event of a catastrophic disaster where campus services are distrupted, California State University, Fullerton's Division of Information Technology wants to ensure that critical campus applications are available. We have partnered with California State University, Sacramento to provide an alternative location to host our critical services.
Once the test concludes, all critical services are expected to be up and running within 48 hours.
IT Disaster recovery Site testing information
The Division of Information Technology will be conducting the annual IT Disaster Recovery (DR) testing of critical services which will involve the following:
- Shut down the campus connectivity to internet and critical services to simulate a disaster interruption.
- Examples of impacted services include:
- Campus Website (home page)
- Campus Portal
- Authentication Services: Shibboleth, ADFS
- Cloud-based applications will be tested during the DR test:
- O365 Email
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- AWS AppStream (Virtual Computing Lab)
- Make the following changes to campus phone services
- Incoming calls to campus will go to voicemail
- Outbound and internal extension calls will be operational
- 911 calls will go to local emergency line (Fullerton Police Department)
- Code Blue and elevator emergency phones will go to UPD Dispatch
- Test the functionality of the applications
- Restore Internet connectivity to the campus
- Confirm functionality of the critical services
During this testing period, services may not be available on or off campus.
What to expect if on campus during the testing period?
- Access to workstations and local services like printing may be available
- No internet access for the duration of the test
- Wi-Fi connections will be down
- Campus phones can be used to dial to another extension or outside number, including 911
- Emergency Blue Phones will still function as normal
- Calls from an outside number into the campus phone will go to voicemail
- Mobile Print will not be available
The Faculty, Staff and Student IT Help Desks will be available during the site testing period.
Saturday, May 29, 2021, 8:00AM – 8:00PM