Faculty and Staff Help Desk
Student IT Help Desk
IT Disaster Recovery
***The Disaster Recovery Site Test is scheduled for May 27, 2023, 8:00AM-8:00PM
In the event of a catastrophic disaster where campus services are distrupted, California State University, Fullerton's Division of Information Technology wants to ensure that critical campus applications are available. We have partnered with California State University, Sacramento to provide an alternative location to host our critical services.
Once the test concludes, all critical services are expected to be up and running within 48 hours.
IT Disaster recovery Site testing information
The Division of Information Technology will be conducting the annual IT Disaster Recovery (DR) testing of critical services which will involve the following:
- Disconnecting the campus connectivity to internet and critical services to simulate a disaster interruption.
- Failover the following critical services to the DR site:
- Campus Website (home page)
- Campus Portal
- Single Sign-on service (Shibboleth, ADFS)
- Cloud-based applications will continue to function during the DR test:
- O365 (Email, MS Teams, OneDrive)
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Incoming calls to campus will go to Zoom Phone service.
- Incoming calls can be answered remotely if laptop or mobile device has Zoom Application installed and open
- Outbound and internal extension calls will be in Zoom Phone service
- Outbound and extension calls can be made remotely
- 911 calls will go to local emergency line (Fullerton Police Department)
- Codeblue and elevator emergency phones will go to UPD Dispatch
- Test the functionality of the DR site applications
- Restore Internet connectivity to the campus
- Test functionality of the campus critical services
You may experience service interruptions during the testing period on or off campus.
What to expect if on campus during the testing period?
- Access to workstations and local services like printing may be available
- No internet access for the duration of the test
- Wi-Fi connections will be down
- Campus Zoom phones can be used to dial another extension or outside number, including 911
- Emergency Blue Phones will function as normal
- Calls from an outside number into a campus Zoom phone will be routed if the Zoom app is installed and open
- Mobile Print will not be available
The Faculty, Staff and Student IT Help Desks will be available during the site testing period.
Saturday, May 27, 2023, 8:00AM – 8:00PM