Accessing Courses via Canvas
how to access and navigate courses online
Courses are managed and run using a Learning Management System (LMS) called Canvas.
Canvas is accessed via your Student Portal . See the guide below for more information.
While some Canvas pages may open early, others may not be opened until classes begin. If you are unable to access the Canvas page for a class that you are enrolled in, please contact your course instructor. Please include your CWID in all correspondence.
Accessing Classes on Canvas
- Log on to your Student Portal .
- Navigate to the left side of the page under "Apps."
- Locate the Canvas app, or use the search bar to find it.
- You should see a box or boxes with links to each class session using Canvas.
- Use the dashboard on the left-hand side to locate your class sections, account, messages, and calendar.
For more detailed guides (with pictures) visit Accessing Canvas in the Portal .
Note: Our old LMS was called TITANium (Moodle). As of Fall 2021, TITANium will no longer be used and all courses will be managed using Canvas.