Jumpstart is recruiting for the 2020-21 academic year. Apply to become a Member
Jumpstart is a leading national nonprofit organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. The Center for Internships & Community Engagement launched the Jumpstart program in Fall 2003 at Cal State Fullerton. Jumpstart Fullerton is a collaborative service-learning program between the Center for Internships & Community Engagement and the Child and Adolescent Studies Department.
Jumpstart Fullerton is an AmeriCorps program that pairs college students, called Corps members, with preschool children to build language, literacy, and social skills necessary to succeed not just in school, but also in life. As a Corps member, you will:
- Earn academic course credit in the Child and Adolescent Studies Department
- Gain professional training in the field of early childhood education
- Work with preschool children on reading, writing and social skills.
- Serve 10 to 15 hours per week with a team of your peers.
- Earn your Federal Work Study award (if eligible)
- Earn an education award of at least $1,200 (if eligible)
- Make a difference in a child’s life!
Cal State Fullerton's Jumpstart program receives generous support from the CSUF Jumpstart Student Association
Jumpstart in the news
Jumpstart Program Connects Students with Preschoolers (CSUF, 12/15/05)
Campaign to Jumpstart Literacy (Daily Titan, 9/24/07)
Titans to Present Research in Washington, D.C. (CSUF, 2/4/16)
Titans Give Children a Jumpstart (CSUF, 11/8/16)
Jumpstart Students Join New Preschool Program (Daily Titan, 11/15/16)