Inclusive Leadership Program
The Inclusive Leadership Program (ILP) focuses on diversity, equity, and inclusion as foundations for leadership. Students will learn new leadership competencies that will enhance their understanding and working with diverse communities, advocating for others, leading with care, and understanding of self. Students can participate by either attending events on a drop-in basis or completing program requirements for certification. Students who complete ILP certification will be acknowledged at Student Leadership Awards in May 2021.
Deadline to sign-up for the ILP Certification Pathway is 11:59 pm on Thursday 02/11/2021.
Drop-in ILP Workshops (Open to all students)
All workshops are conducted on Zoom at: https://tinyurl.com/ILPWorkshops
ILP Drop-In workshops are intended for students only.
|Tuesday 02/16/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Who Am I? Exploration of Leadership Identity|
|Friday 02/19/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Who Am I? Exploration of Leadership Identity|
|Tuesday 02/23/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Intercultural Communications|
|Friday 02/26/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Intercultural Communications|
|Monday 03/01/2021||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||LGBTQ Ally Training|
|Tuesday 03/02/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||To Infinity & Beyond Allyship|
|Thursday 03/04/2021||1:00-3:00 PM||UndocuAlly Training|
|Friday 03/05/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||To Infinity & Beyond Allyship|
|Tuesday 03/09/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||#CultureMatters: Values vs. Artifacts|
|Friday 03/12/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||#CultureMatters: Values vs. Artifacts|
|Tuesday 03/16/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Leading Difficult Conversations|
|Friday 03/19/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Leading Difficult Conversations|
|Tuesday 03/23/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Identity, Privilege, & Leadership|
|Friday 03/26/2021||2:00-3:00 PM||Identity, Privilege, & Leadership|
ILP Certificate Pathway
Students wishing to complete the ILP Certificate Pathway will be added to a Canvas page to complete reflections and discussions with peers. Students must complete the following requirements to receive certification. Further instructions for this program is provided on the ILP Canvas page. Deadline to sign-up is 11:59 pm on 02/11/2021.
To sign-up for the ILP Certificate Pathway, please complete the following interest form: https://tinyurl.com/ILP-Interest by the deadline. You will then receive an email invitation to join a Canvas course which will grant you access to additional activities required for certification. Please accept the course invitation and attend Orientation on Friday 02/12/2021 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Orientation will also be recorded for those unable to attend.
ILP Certificate Pathway Learning Outcomes
- Students will reflect on their identities and how identities shape leadership practice.
- Students will learn leadership skills that are grounded in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Students will engage in a learning community and connect learning to practice.
ILP Certificate Pathway Requirements
- Complete the ILP Orientation either during a live zoom session or watch recording
- Complete a pre/post reflection on Canvas
- Attend three DIRC Workshops
- Attend one Allyship Training or Ally Awareness Activity
- Attend one Student Leadership Institue Workshop
- For each workshop/training attended, students are expected to engage in a discussion board with their peers on Canvas.
ALPHA OMEGA: UNDERSTANDING CULTURE AND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES
Students will be able to:
- Explore and state attributes of different communications styles
- Listen to/connect the communication style to their own experiences
- Analyze their own communication style and its effect on their interest
This workshop highlights various aspects of different individuals (what is observable, what is assumed), how culture impacts behavior, and the meaning that individuals attach to culturally-influenced behaviors. Through a role play exercise students can begin to understand what affects one’s perspective, and how to work with others from different cultures and communication styles.