The California Dream Loan is a subsidized loan program for undergraduate and post baccalaureate students with a valid California Dream Act application* and a valid AB540 affidavit on file with California State University, Fullerton. The purpose of the program is to grant access to additional form of funding to help Dream students afford a public education.
Please contact us if you are interested in applying for a Dream Loan.
Important Note: *T-Visa holders should file a FAFSA and would be considered for Federal Aid eligibility.
Disbursement Requirement: 6 units of enrollment is required for a disbursement.
To be eligible for the California Dream Loan you must:
- Have a valid California Dream Act Application completed; priority given to those that filed by March 2nd
- Must have a valid AB540 affidavit
- Must be enrolled in at least half-time | 6 units of enrollment or more
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- Meeting the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Cannot be in default on a student loan
Recipients of this funds in one year does not guarantee awards in subsequent years, due to funding limitation.
|Award Period||Interest Rates *|
|July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||2.75%|
|July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022||3.73%|
|July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023||4.99%|
|July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024||5.50%|
The interest rate for the California Dream Loan corresponds with the interest rate on Federal Direct Subsidized loans and is subject to change annually. The California Dream Loan does not accrue interest while you are enrolled at least half-time, during the periods of approved deferment, and during the 6-months grace period before you enter repayment. You will be responsible for the interest charged at all other times.
* Interest rate is subject to change.
Accepting the Dream Loan
To accept your California Dream Loan, you must log in to your student portal and accept the loan offer by your assigned deadline. You may decline the loan offer or accept less than what is offered to you, but funds are limited and you may not be able to increase your loan at a later time.
Students who accept the California Dream loan must complete a promissory note and entrance counseling yearly.
If you fail to complete all the required steps to receive your loan funds by the assigned deadline, your loan may be canceled. Funds are limited and you may not be awarded the funds again at a later date.
The Master Promissory Note Requires References, your references cannot share the same address.
Once you accept your loan, the loan entrance counseling requirement and the master promissory note will be posted on your student center as "to do" items. You will receive an email from ECSI with instructions for completing these items. Once we receive confirmation that you have completed them, they will be removed from your "to do" list.
How to Complete the Dream Loan MPN and Counseling | ECSI Log In Instruction
- Date of Birth
- Pin Number (Generated by ECSI)
Log In Instructions
- Go to the ECSI Log In Website
- Click 'Get Started'
- On the screen it will be ask for SSN, First Name, Last Name, Date Birth
- Click Submit
- Click Authenticate Me
- Enter your ECSI PIN
Use your CWID in place of the SSN
- Enter Name in the Required Field
- Last four Account Number (Last 4 digits of your CWID number)
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Enter your Zip Code
Once you are log in complete the required field. The counseling requirement requires you to provide two references. Your references may not use the same address. Each reference must have their own address.
You begin repaying your loan at the end of a 6-month grace period. The grace period begins once you graduate, leave school, or enroll in less than half-time.
California Dream Loans are set-up to be repaid in monthly installments over a 10-year period and have a minimum payment of $50 a month. You can pay off your loan earlier without penalty.
Dream Loan Max Yearly Award | Aggregate Limits
Dream Loan Aggregate Limits
FOR ASSISTANce CONTACT ECSI
- If you are unable to receive your PIN/Password, please contact ECSI at 1-888-549-3274, before attempting to continue.
- If you received a disbursement for a Dream Loan(s), here's whom to contact for repayment information:
- Contact the ECSI -- Dream Loan -- Servicer at 1-866-313-3797.
- Or go to ECSI website: https://efpls.com/